the nightly delete posts task

Marafa

i was checking the moderators log
i found one item in the summary list , with 475 moderation action is without a name , and they were all delete actions in teh log

post-114412-0-31947400-1317333809.png

it was explained by IPB support staff that this is the the nightly delete posts task
i was afraid that some one is deleting posts
may be it will be useful to add a name for this action in the moderators log, and not to leave it empty

• 8 months later...

That's creepy. I seriously thought a member was abusing their powers because it showed up as "Deleted moderator or task-initiated" with their IP Address, but no name. However, it would be nice to know what threads or posts were removed. How do we know important posts aren't being deleted?

That's creepy. I seriously thought a member was abusing their powers because it showed up as "Deleted moderator or task-initiated" with their IP Address, but no name. However, it would be nice to know what threads or posts were removed. How do we know important posts aren't being deleted?

The task will only remove posts or topics that you specifically clicked "Delete" on. Those topics / posts are shown in the Mod CP before being physically removed from the database.

• 1 month later...

Archived