Bring back the 3.1 standard editor as an option

insectdude

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've spoken to all of our customers?

In 3.2.3 you can toggle it in the acp as you can on the front end.

As much as I thought I would never say this, I have to agree with Aisha. The CKEditor in IPB is, for the majoirty of customers, a section of the board, allbeit the only section of the board, which is not "gold." In fact it is looking like it is in beta stages and thus is it good to use on a live community?

If I want bold text and underline with quotes its excellent. If I paste a template then the average user goes "What the hell happened?" I then go and edit the post and it spaces triple or crushes up into one

That's my two cents on the editor. I personally loved the blogging prior to the release and it seemed, and will be when it is "gold", an awesome edition.

I just think until Matt and co have got a fully unbugged editor we should have had the option to keep the old editor :/

Where in ACP do I find that button?

As much as I thought I would never say this, I have to agree with Aisha. The CKEditor in IPB is, for the majoirty of customers, a section of the board, allbeit the only section of the board, which is not "gold." In fact it is looking like it is in beta stages and thus is it good to use on a live community?

If I want bold text and underline with quotes its excellent. If I paste a template then the average user goes "What the hell happened?" I then go and edit the post and it spaces triple or crushes up into one

That's my two cents on the editor. I personally loved the blogging prior to the release and it seemed, and will be when it is "gold", an awesome edition.

I just think until Matt and co have got a fully unbugged editor we should have had the option to keep the old editor :/

I hope you are posting the bugs you are encountering with specific steps to reproduce to our bug tracker. :) We have been running through every single editor bug reported and fixing them as they come in. Very few remain open at this time, so it would seem whatever issues you are facing have not yet been reported. We can't fix an issue if we're not aware of it.

That means [size=5]88.1%[/size] (3762) of our active members base [size=5]still use the STD[/size] and expect there to be buttons in simple mode aswell.

I just checked and 99.5% of our 37454 members are using the 3.1 std. editor. We have been using IPB since 2004.

At least it's good to see that the problem with non-English characters in the 3.2 std. mode is now solved. :-)

I'm a bit late to this thread, but I just wanted to add my two cents that I'm also not very happy with CKEditor. I generally use "Standard" mode, and it's pretty much just a straight text editor without any features when you turn RTE mode off. This is definitely a step backwards. It doesn't even WORD WRAP in standard mode. Really!? I've also seen all sorts of weird, quirky behavior in 3.2.3, such as extra blank lines being inserted into posts, HTML tags being inserted into PMs (I've had this happen numerous times myself on my forum), and other oddities. The one bug I did file (the one with the HTML tags) was marked as "Cannot Reproduce", so now I have to spend my time (which I don't have a lot of) to try and come up with a recipe.

While I can appreciate the desire to use a presumably "tried and tested" third-party editor that would free IPS from having to worry about what is obviously a complex element of the software, I'm less than impressed thus far.

..Al

The editor is going to get further updates in the next release of IP.Board. We are listening and taking all this feedback onboard.

That's great, but what about one or two ACP controls to:
1. Set the default mode (simple or advanced) for all users.
2. Disable advanced mode completely.

• Management

Well, it's clearly not broken.

But there can be issues when you perform certain sequences of actions. Or paste in text, or use a specific browser, etc.

" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="1000px" height="330px">

Well, it's clearly not broken.

But there can be issues when you perform certain sequences of actions. Or paste in text, or use a specific browser, etc.

%7Boption%7D

Shades-20111104-133139.jpg' alt='' class

" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="1000" height="330">

Not broken but far from a "gold" version

Archived