editing posts is inconsistent

Tremault

hey invision guys, you really need to fix your editor soon. this is beyond a joke now.

I just edited a post and it converted my actual post content into html code. I mean, the actual content, not the source of it.

I ended up with a ton of HTML that appeard AS HTML when i clicked submit.

I could not make it parse into my original post content, even putting it into dreamweaver and trying to copy it as rich text with hte links active, did not work.

I actually had to HUNT THE INTERNET for a HTML to BBCODE converter to fix my psot.

this is utterly ridiculous and this kind of thing should NEVER HAPPEN. it's all down to you and your stupid editor!!

I have never had this issue on other forums that use things like vbulletin, but I have had NO END of prolems with your software. SORT IT OUT.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not only that.

It looks like every newer CKEditor version comes with more and more bugs.

I still use 3.2.3 IPB and CKEditor has only couple of bugs with which I can live but I'm also a frequent user of another board which uses the current 3.4.x version and CKEditor there is just a disaster.

What I can't understand id this.

Since the very beginning of CKEditor it was nothing but bad news.

There are number of topics around here complaining and complaining and nothing gets done.

Instead to maybe switching to some more reliable editor IPS stubbornly sticks with CKEditor.

I frequent all kind of non-IPS boards and their editors are simply WORKING.

hey invision guys, you really need to fix your editor soon. this is beyond a joke now.
I just edited a post and it converted my actual post content into html code. I mean, the actual content, not the source of it.
I ended up with a ton of HTML that appeard AS HTML when i clicked submit.
I could not make it parse into my original post content, even putting it into dreamweaver and trying to copy it as rich text with hte links active, did not work.
I actually had to HUNT THE INTERNET for a HTML to BBCODE converter to fix my psot.
this is utterly ridiculous and this kind of thing should NEVER HAPPEN. it's all down to you and your stupid editor!!
I have never had this issue on other forums that use things like vbulletin, but I have had NO END of prolems with your software. SORT IT OUT.

Not only that.
It looks like every newer CKEditor version comes with more and more bugs.
I still use 3.2.3 IPB and CKEditor has only couple of bugs with which I can live but I'm also a frequent user of another board which uses the current 3.4.x version and CKEditor there is just a disaster.

What I can't understand id this.
Since the very beginning of CKEditor it was nothing but bad news.
There are number of topics around here complaining and complaining and nothing gets done.
Instead to maybe switching to some more reliable editor IPS stubbornly sticks with CKEditor.
I frequent all kind of non-IPS boards and their editors are simply WORKING.

This. Seriously. The editor was working way better back in IPB 3.2.X. And the non-CKEditor before that was even better. Not as many features (mostly unnecessary), but it worked properly, god damn it. I would go so far as to say that the editor is currently IPB's worst feature, and by itself enough to turn someone away from using the software.

I totally agree with the sentiment of others on this topic - it's really confusing for end users when they have functionality on the desktop then massively limited functionality on iTouch devices.

Come on Invision - this really shouldn't be that hard. If you share the issue details and the thinking behind why it's so limited I'll look at fixing and sharing it!

Archived