Download: Forum Runner - IP.Board For Your Mobile Device

ClemsonJeeper

File Name: Forum Runner - IP.Board For Your Mobile Device
File Submitter: ClemsonJeeper
File Submitted: 07 Sep 2011
File Category: Applications

Introducing Forum Runner for the iPhone/iPad/Android!

What is Forum Runner?

Forum Runner is an IP.Board application that allows your users to browse your forum using a native Android/iPhone/iPad client. This means faster access for those users since it only downloads the actual forum information rather than all the extraneous images that slow down the mobile connection.

Forum Runner is FREE for forum owners to install, and takes less than 5 minutes. The client for the iPhone/iPad/Android costs 1.99$ which is LESS THAN THE COMPETITORS, and has more features. Please see the list below for full information on Forum Runner's features.

Forum Runner inherits all the security built into IP.Board, so users running Forum Runner will only be able to see the same forums and threads as they could using a regular browser.

Forum Runner Feature List

• Native Android/iPad/iPhone support
  • iOS 4 multitasking support
  • Browse your favorite forums in an easy-to-use-interface with multiple notification types (private message, subscription, etc)
  • Fully customizable home screen with your favorite forums
  • FREE PUSH NOTIFICATION SUPPORT : Get private message and subscribed thread updates from your favorite forums in the background!
  • Poll updates (private messages/subscriptions) from favorites on home screen - shows you a summary of which forums you have new messages or subscriptions on!
  • Graphical display of polls - view results and vote on polls
  • Moderation tools for your moderators/admins (close/open thread, stick/unstick thread, move thread, delete posts, etc)
  • Image attachment thumbnail and full size viewing from threads
  • View a thread's image attachments in one convenient screen (much like the native iPhone "Photo" app)
  • Save thread images to your iPhone/iPod touch library
  • Fully searchable forums!
  • Multi-quote support
  • View embedded links without leaving the app, including YouTube videos
  • Supports portrait AND landscape mode
  • Full posting options (quote posts, start new thread, etc)
  • Attach unlimited photos from your library (or take a photo from the camera and attach it)
  • Full support for private messages and private message folders
  • Full support for thread subscriptions - track your favorite threads and be updated via push when they have new posts!

Forum Runner currently supports vBulletin 3.6.x, 3.7.x, 3.8.x and 4.0.x, phpBB 3.0.x, XenForo 1.0.x, myBB 1.6.x, IP.Board 3.1.x, and IP.Board 3.2.x. We are adding support for other mobile phones as well as forum software.

Some screen shots of Forum Runner running on various devices:

iPhone: Home Screen with customizable icons and notifications:

%7Boption%7D

Push notification updates while outside the app:

%7Boption%7D%7Boption%7D

Image attachment browser from a thread:

%7Boption%7D%7Boption%7D

Fully searchable forums:

%7Boption%7D%7Boption%7D

Full forum browsing:

%7Boption%7D%7Boption%7D

How do I get the Forum Runner IP.Board Add-On?

To register and download the add-on for your forum, simply head over to http://www.forumrunner.com/?p=register. Full instructions to register your forum in the Forum Runner database are there. Once you register your forum, you can download the add-on there. There are also full installation instructions as well!

Also, there is a support forum located at: http://www.forumrunner.com/forum Please post up your ideas or any issues you have with the App there.

Get Your Own Customized App For Your Forum

If you do not want your users to have to pay a fee for the app, you can purchase your own branded version of Forum Runner that is free for your users and goes directly to your forum. We take care of creating, listing, and maintaining the app for you! For more information, please visit http://www.forumrunner.com/?p=branding

Click here to download this file
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EDIT, it says i dont have the permission to read...on any topic

I have an error message in my board with IPB 3.1.4 on any topic:

"Darstellungsfehler (German)
The remote server sent a unknown response. This could be a result of the forum software plugin being outdated..."

I downloaded the plugin for my board 1 hour ago from IPB.

I have an error message in my board with IPB 3.1.4 on any topic:

"Darstellungsfehler (German)

The remote server sent a unknown response. This could be a result of the forum software plugin being outdated..."

I downloaded the plugin for my board 1 hour ago from IPB.

What forum is it, and what are you doing when you get this error? I will need to reproduce it to debug it further.

My emoticons and custom bbcode are showing strangely in Forumrunner. HTML will show for the emoticons (e.g. img src='http://mysite.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)') and the bbcode will just show the whole bbcode (e.g. [ hide ] stuff here [ /hide ]).

I'm on 3.1.4 and my images are displayed on a different sub-domain, if that makes any difference.

• 3 weeks later...

My emoticons and custom bbcode are showing strangely in Forumrunner. HTML will show for the emoticons (e.g. img src='http://mysite.com/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)') and the bbcode will just show the whole bbcode (e.g. [ hide ] stuff here [ /hide ]).

I'm on 3.1.4 and my images are displayed on a different sub-domain, if that makes any difference.

For some reason, I'm not getting email updates on this thread... *confuse*. Sorry about the issues.

Can you PM me the link to your site, so I can take a look into it further? It likely is a simple fix.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

1.0.4 has been released:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Fix issue with Sphinx API and Forum Runner
* Fix issue with IP.Board 3.1 not showing smilies properly
* Fix issue with IP.Board 3.1 showing html code in preview text
* Fix issue with &amp; showing up in forum names
* Fix issue with threads showing up as subscribed when they aren't (IP.Board
3.1.x add-on issue)

• 3 weeks later...

1.0.6 released:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Make it so first page in "Forums" tab shows categories as section headers
and subforums below, rather than requiring user to drill down through
categories at the top level. (Requires latest app version).
* Fix issue with "online" showing multiple entries sometimes

Archived