Feature Request - Suspended and Banned all wrong

Aussie Cable

From what I can see, if you ban someone, they have access to the forum (unless you setup the permissions in the banned group), but if you suspend someone, they have no access to the forum at all, they just see a screen saying they are suspended.

What I would like to see is the suspended members in a group, that have access to the forums (group permissions), but unable to reply to any post (if set in group permissions), a penalty box if you like.

Currently, I see no suspended user being able to access the forums, but banned can unless you set permissions for them not to. To me, this is backwards.

So suspended users in a group that you can set to have no replies to posts, and banned shown the current suspended screen, but with "Your banned" etc instead.

The suspended group should still have the function of time limits as it currently does. So if you suspend someone, they are in the penalty box for a particular amount of time the moderator/admin sets.

Thoughts? Or workarounds?

From what I can see, if you ban someone, they have access to the forum (unless you setup the permissions in the banned group), but if you suspend someone, they have no access to the forum at all, they just see a screen saying they are suspended.

I was responding to this statement which I feel is in error.

It was not in error, I was trying to explain what a penalty box is, and is what I need on my forums.

The feature I would like is to have a group (suspended) that has the same permissions as Banned, but with the time penalty as suspended has now.

A penalty box if you like. But for the suspended group, currently the suspended group has 0 permissions, this is not what I need.

I do not care about banned group permissions, this was not the point was trying to make in my topic, hence my comment.

Currently, when you suspend someone they have no access to the forums, I need them to have access to read the forums, but with permissions to not use PM or reply to posts.

The same permissions that the banned group can have if you so choose.

So currently (for what I need), the Banned and suspended groups are backward, is that easier for you to understand?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived