Wolfie

Queued Items

198 posts in this topic

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Queued Items

File Submitter: Wolfie

File Submitted: 27 Jul 2009

File Category: Moderation Tools

Adds a block to your sidebar that reports on all items that have been queued for staff attention. Examples of items that can be queued are topics, posts, & calendar events. Support is also built-in for each of the other official applications for IP.Board: IP.Blog, IP.Gallery, IP.Downloads, IP.Content & IP.Nexus. The system is available to be expanded upon by third-party application authors as well, by including a queuedItems.php file in your application's /extensions directory.

here to download this file

Lockjit likes this

I'm getting the following error when clicking the link to queued gallery items from the sidebar.

[#1076] Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available. I am logged in with admin privileges.

I actually got that same error earlier on my own site, I need to dig into that problem and figure it out. The gallery does its queued stuff weird, I wasn't sure I had it right when I made the plugin for it.

It should show all queued comments, but the Gallery code is so weird that I am sure there are bugs with it. I will investigate.

It's only the place_holder column that doesn't exists on new version,.

What is the 'place_holder' column? That doesn't show up anywhere in the code for this hook.

Give this file a try. This goes in the /admin/applications_addon/ips/downloads/extensions/ folder. I don't want to release a new version of this app until all official IPS apps get released, as I'll have to keep updating this mod each time a new app version goes final.

Can someone test out this new plugin for IP.Gallery? It should support both the IP.Gallery 3.0 and 3.1 series, and show all queued images and comments.

Cool. As long as nothing blows up with this, and the Downloads plugin, then once IP.Blog 2.1.0 goes final I will update this mod with all of the updated plugins. Hopefully I won't need to change anything when IP.Board 3.1.0 gets out.

Yeah, I found a couple old ones too. :lol:

Shame there isn't email notifications built in but I guess that will come when app developers upgrade to use the new core notifications system.

Hi, Sorry if this is a stupid question (as I have not installed this hook yet).

But when there are no items does the block vanish to save room in the sidebar length?
As that would be pretty sweet to both save space & encourage staff to clear the queue quicker.

Cheers again for your hard work.

Just installed this and found several unapproved blogs, comments etc....

Goes to prove that either I do not have things set up correctly or IPB is not good at alerting mods and admins of items!

That's what I felt too, which was why I made this hook. There are spots where you can go to in order to find where you have queued items, but they seem buried and out of the way to me. I want to know, and I'd like my staff to know, if anything is queued right away when they visit the site. :)

Graeme S. likes this

Now all we need is a way to include items like links & videos :)

BTW - does this only show to those who have the right to moderate the various sections?