Why 3.2 ?

sunzeal

I had just posted a topic in one of the forum and i was totally shocked to see that when i posted topic it was all changed.

Their was huge gap between my sentences, the big size sentence which i posted in center had huge gap and all my sentences had like 5-6 lines blank space between them.

I was like, had to edit it 3 times to get it proper without that much spacing.

I seriously did not expect this with 3.2.

So want to ask, why should one go for 3.2 when i had to like spend some minutes writing thread and loads of minutes editing the thread, if community becomes big that thing is going to be a real problem O.O

Formatting of posts are working fine for me. In fact, the editor is one of the things that has impressed me the most and seems to be working much better than the rich-text editor in IPB 3.1.

The quality of the rich-text editor (RTE) has been one of the key areas where I've felt that vBulletin has been far, far superior to IPB. In IPB 3.1, lots of strange stuff happened, especially if you tried to copy-paste content directly into the RTE... line spaces would appear where there were no line spaces; entire paragraphs would be bolded when I'd only bolded one or two words; when you pasted formatted text into 3.1, it would frequently transfer the formatting with it, resulting in strange font sizes and spaces all over the place.

As far as I can tell, that's all changed in 3.2. The formatting of posts and the overall posting experience have definitely improved.

Regarding your problems: what browser are you using? Did you copy-paste any text into the editor?

no, i just had made 1 thread.

In that, i just made a thread than after making it, i made the first few sentence at 48 and centered it and some sentence to left, when i posted that thread, everything was messed up, their was huge space between each sentence and stuff, it was really pain.

I asked this question in Chat if it can be solved but like me other people were having the same problem of that auto-format thing, and its really troubling.

I would certainly agree that vB has got a v good text editor and mods but the awesome UI of IPB is keeping away from it for now.

Their was huge gap between my sentences, the big size sentence which i posted in center had huge gap and all my sentences had like 5-6 lines blank space between them.

Yes, sometimes I have the same issue.
Some my posts are much more deleting than writing.

no, i just had made 1 thread.

In that, i just made a thread than after making it, i made the first few sentence at 48 and centered it and some sentence to left, when i posted that thread, everything was messed up, their was huge space between each sentence and stuff, it was really pain.

Okay. I haven't tried using centring, so that's why I haven't seen this issue before.

The good news is that it's already been reported by other users (see here and here), and a fix will be included in IPB 3.2.1.

vB uses the same exact text editor we do: CKeditor

How long has that been the case? The live version of the board I'm on uses IPB 3.1.x, and I find the rich text editor to be terrible compared to my experience with vBulletin boards. I frequently have to edit my posts on 3.1 two or three times in order to eliminate phantom line-breaks or add ones that I already put in the first time around.

wonder why am i not able to edit my posts ?????

Also, got confirmation from some one that the problem still exist, even if you post 1 sentence below another it will show you gap of like 2-3 lines between those 2 sentence.

Darn, if it don't get fixed, i will be forced to go with vB which i don't want to %7Boption%7D

1) You can only edit your posts up to 5 minutes after you made the post. This is a per-group permission setting in IPB (you can control that how you want on your board).

2) Your posts look perfectly normal to me. I don't see 3 extra line breaks between sentences.

And just to confirm....

Test line 1
This is on the very next line

And this is two lines below the last one

our posts look perfectly normal to me. I don't see 3 extra line breaks between sentences.

That was just some test stuff to test more things, i have tested that in other forum and its still the problem.

And as you can see that the problem is occurring to everyone.

Here is the spacing problem i was talking about :-

<< Initial Post
<< Output

This is just about few line, when we write some big article or something, its pretty messed up, and editing those blank lines takes more time than writing the article.

Make one line centered and other not. Now turn editor on/off few times and you will see two things:

- Newlines are multiplying
- Both lines are inside

I really hope this will be fixed in 3.2.2. Its irritating my power users great-deal to post content on my forum with those bugs.

hello,

I'd just like to say that I'm having all sorts of issues with this editor.
1) the fact that when the RTE is turned off I can't use any of the buttons in the toolbar (bbcode buttons would really be useful)
2) more importantly: special characters get ######ed up when editing posts, switching editors, previewing, etc. basically the special character gets replaced by their HTML code equivalent (& becomes &amp; visible in clear text etc.)
3) switching editors generally causes trouble. Sometimes I edit stuff in plain text, I save it, then I come back to the RTE (relaoding the page or other) then all the line breaks are gone. Weird stuff like that.

Using FF 5, IPB 3.2.1 (upgraded from 3.2 which was in turn upgraded from 3.1)

it kinda blows for now...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived