Tom Christian

Luminous by IPS Themes

466 posts in this topic

Pretty damn sexy I must say.

One question about the color changer, do you have it set up so when the color is switched it uses css gradient colors or do you have an image overlayed over the background colors?

Pretty damn sexy I must say.

One question about the color changer, do you have it set up so when the color is switched it uses css gradient colors or do you have an image overlayed over the background colors?

Thanks!

It's all using transparent gradient images. (no css3 gradients apart from the ones which IPB are using).

The background-image is set in the main stylesheet but there's no color applied to it.

The colour changer uses alternate stylesheets which simply switches the background-colour of various elements when each theme is selected.

mate i purchased pulse but i think i like this one better - the main reason is the breadcrumb bar is not there in this skin
ur doing great work mate keep it up - ill prob buy this one too lolE

edit
PS - is there a way you can make the Like button appear on the same line as the "report" "Blog this" "Multi Quote" "Quote" ine.. ? it just looks odd sometimes like it is floating in the middle of nowhere for users posts that dont have signatures set

With this skin all my gallery albums appear underneath each other vertically, 1 per line. Have tried recaching to no effect

Is the live color changer available for all members? Or can I (admin) use this only? And can I set a particular color (theme) per forum, or is one theme for the whole messageboard?

mate i purchased pulse but i think i like this one better - the main reason is the breadcrumb bar is not there in this skin

ur doing great work mate keep it up - ill prob buy this one too lolE

edit

PS - is there a way you can make the Like button appear on the same line as the "report" "Blog this" "Multi Quote" "Quote" ine.. ? it just looks odd sometimes like it is floating in the middle of nowhere for users posts that dont have signatures set

Thanks. Yes, you can make the like button appear on the same line as report, blog this etc but it would involve editing the topicViewTemplate. (and maybe some CSS in ipb_styles.css).

With this skin all my gallery albums appear underneath each other vertically, 1 per line. Have tried recaching to no effect

Can I have the link to your site so I can take a look?

Is the live color changer available for all members? Or can I (admin) use this only? And can I set a particular color (theme) per forum, or is one theme for the whole messageboard?

It's available to all my members and staff by default.

It would be a pretty simple template edit to make it so only staff/admins can use it though. It's also one colour theme for the whole message board I'm afraid.

Just bought this skin, Tom I had to reply here and just tell you what a fantastic job you did with this skin, so clean and easy on the eye.

Only problem I found with it so far is that the title text of the online users box in Portal did not change to the colour white?

Just bought this skin, Tom I had to reply here and just tell you what a fantastic job you did with this skin, so clean and easy on the eye.

Only problem I found with it so far is that the title text of the online users box in Portal did not change to the colour white?

Portal isn't an IPS addon so I havn't actually looked at it at all. I'm sure it's probably a very simple change in the portal CSS template. Send me a link to the page with the problem and I'll tell you what class needs changing.

Also, thanks for the kind words. I'd really appreciate it if you could put those into the new review system on the download pages.

Right after further playing around with the skin I've run into a problem. See attachment post-131189-0-84635900-1312709874_thumb.

I have opened ipb_styles.css and tried playing around with the following...

#branding {

/*background: #0f3854 url({style_images_url}/branding_bg.png) repeat-x;

border-bottom: 1px solid #1b3759;*/

[color=#FF0000]min-height: 94px;[/color]

}

and also the following as it appeared to show up after adjusting the above

#primary_nav {

background: #151515 url({style_images_url}/_custom/sprite_backgrounds.png) 0 [color=#FF0000]-180px[/color] repeat-x;

font-size: 13px;

padding: 6px 0;

}

I also tried resizing the height of branding_bg.png and also sprite_backgrounds.png without any success of removing the white space after a logo larger than the original is inserted.
Any Ideas?

Portal isn't an IPS addon so I havn't actually looked at it at all. I'm sure it's probably a very simple change in the portal CSS template. Send me a link to the page with the problem and I'll tell you what class needs changing.

Also, thanks for the kind words. I'd really appreciate it if you could put those into the new

review system on the download pages.

Don't worry about that, it was an issue to do with the Video System and Portal which was fixed by Michael from DevFuse.

My only concern now is with the logo issue which I posted above thanks %7Boption%7D

Don't worry about that, it was an issue to do with the Video System and Portal which was fixed by Michael from DevFuse.

My only concern now is with the logo issue which I posted above thanks [img]

[/img]

Due to using sprites, there is no way you can make that any bigger unless you slice out that image from the sprite, make it bigger and then save it as a seperate image whilst also updating the template to match that new image.

Due to using sprites, there is no way you can make that any bigger unless you slice out that image from the sprite, make it bigger and then save it as a seperate image whilst also updating the template to match that new image.

Sounds quite complicated, please bare in mind I have little to no knowledge of CSS or PHP. I'm only going on what I find here on the forum but it did not work with this skin due to this sprite image.

Any chance of making a quick step by step process of doing that? I'm sure your time will not be wasted as others might have the same problem. Would be very helpful.
Also by changing or slicing the sprites image would that have a drastic effect on the design?

post-131189-0-79536300-1312712525.png
Not sure what I'd be doing with the sprite image or what to cut, then re-upload as new image? then change .css file to new image name in place of sprite_backgrounds.png ??

Sounds quite complicated, please bare in mind I have little to no knowledge of CSS or PHP. I'm only going on what I find here on the forum but it did not work with this skin due to this sprite image.

Any chance of making a quick step by step process of doing that? I'm sure your time will not be wasted as others might have the same problem. Would be very helpful.

Also by changing or slicing the sprites image would that have a drastic effect on the design?

post-131189-0-79536300-1312712525.png

Not sure what I'd be doing with the sprite image or what to cut, then re-upload as new image? then change .css file to new image name in place of sprite_backgrounds.png ??

It's the 1st part.

If you resize it, you're going to lose quality so I suggest either redesigning the gradient to the size you need it, or fill the background-color of the current slice (see the attached img) with the green used in Luminous, and then use CSS to fill the rest of the #branding area with the same dark green at the bottom of the gradient.

So you could use this as the new branding image:

You would then change the min-height value of the #branding class to whatever you want it as. The background property would then be something like:

background: url("{style_images_url}/_custom/new_brandingbg.png") repeat-x top #95D913;

The colour at the end of that is what will fill up any space available that isn't covered by the actual image itself.

Hope that helps :)

You're probably thinking I'm a right numb nut but I'm still having problems, bare with me and I'll get this lol
Below I will post the images and code the way they currently are which causes it to appear like this...

post-131189-0-27380200-1312715612_thumb. The way it looks now.

----------------------------------------------

post-131189-0-32760500-1312715623.png new_brandingbg.png Uploaded the one you supplied and changed the code with new path and settings

post-131189-0-52985500-1312715629.png sprite_backgrounds.png I did not modify this image as from your last post you did not mention it

Current code from ipb_styles.css

#branding {

/*background: #0f3854 url({style_images_url}/_custom/new_brandingbg.png) repeat-x top #95D913;

border-bottom: 1px solid #1b3759;*/

min-height: 140px;

}

#logo { clear:both; float: left; }

#primary_nav {

background: #151515 url({style_images_url}/_custom/sprite_backgrounds.png) 0 -180px repeat-x;

font-size: 13px;

padding: 6px 0;

}

My guess is that sprite image needed modifying? But you did not mention it in the last post, only mentioned about the brandingbg image so I played it safe.
Something simple I missed I bet?

You're probably thinking I'm a right numb nut but I'm still having problems, bare with me and I'll get this lol

Below I will post the images and code the way they currently are which causes it to appear like this...

post-131189-0-27380200-1312715612_thumb.

The way it looks now.

post-131189-0-32760500-1312715623.png

new_brandingbg.png Uploaded the one you supplied and changed the code with new path and settings

post-131189-0-52985500-1312715629.png

sprite_backgrounds.png I did not modify this image as from your last post you did not mention it

Current code from ipb_styles.css

) repeat-x top #95D913; border-bottom: 1px solid #1b3759;*/ min-height: 140px; } #logo { clear:both; float: left; } #primary_nav { background: #151515 url( ) 0 -180px repeat-x; font-size: 13px; padding: 6px 0; }

#branding {

/*background: #0f3854 url(		

My guess is that sprite image needed modifying? But you did not mention it in the last post, only mentioned about the brandingbg image so I played it safe.
Something simple I missed I bet?

The sprite doesn't need changing. If you do, it will mess up other areas of the skin.

Can you PM or post a link to your board so I can take a look myself?

I prefer this skin and the overall feel but I do like the Pulse Social Media bar and icons - if I get this skin can I use the social media bar and implement it within this one?

I prefer this skin and the overall feel but I do like the Pulse Social Media bar and icons - if I get this skin can I use the social media bar and implement it within this one?

If you've purchased Pulse, then It would be a simple matter of copying and pasting some html, css, and a few images so yes, you could very easily implement it into this skin :)

Try now

Have you changed the name of the image directory? Make sure there's no spaces in the name.

Try re-caching the templates via the skin tools page.

If none of that works, try re-installing the skin.

I am working on this board, more details follow.
A. straight import of the xml files.
B. we are not loading js from google, nor is it minified.
c. reinstall does not resolve.
D.from what im seeing, it seems your css is loading, seems the ipb css is whats has gone awol. lis and such having the list-style not none clued me on this.
E. only js error im seeing pop in console:
missing ; before statement
var unreadIcon = "<span class="icon_hide"></span>";
Line 3293

Edited by Marcher Technologies