Do you want the ability to re-size photos (avatars), to come back?

Rhett

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Management

Ikadon - Correct
Lewis - Correct

Essentially if you enter a max-width, then the width of the full photo will not exceed the width specified but it will maintain the correct aspect ratio.

As Lewis said, the max width is to stop it flowing into the post body which would happen if you allowed 600px wide avatars.

You can still set per-group width and height maximums.

In the screenshot, the second avatar (User 0000) is actually 250px wide but it is shown as 170px wide as per settings.

This allows the best flexibility. You can keep large photos on the profile page without it breaking the topic view.

Also worth mentioning - you can set that setting to 500px if you like and it will make the user column 520px wide. So whatever you set, it will not flow into the post body. It might look a bit odd, though.

Here's a better example:

This is now in 3.2.1

Global Option:

[img]

[/img]

Let me say, that I think I speak for everyone here, THANK YOU MATT AND IPS STAFF, SUPPORT TECHS and whoever else was involved. While we may sound like a lynch mob mentality, we really wanted this feature to remain. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your guys listening to your customers and returning this feature back to the best forum software and community that has ever been created.

You guys are GODS (GREAT OMNISCIENT DEVELOPERS)!!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

This is now in 3.2.1

Global Option:

[img]

[/img]

Does this:

[img]

[/img]

Thanks very much for this, Matt (and the rest of your crew)! I still cannot quite understand why the ability to do this was removed from 3.2.0, but it's good to have it back. We're all used to 150x150 avatars on my forum, so it'll be nice to be able to use them again.

Excellent, thank you for bringing this ability back but I still would prefer the ability to allow members to link their pic to Photobucket & imageshack etc instead of being forced to use Gravatar or upload to our server?

Our members are a fan community & often have Avatar & Sig competitions, generally uploading to Photobucket etc, to be able to link sig to PB but be forced to upload avatar seperately to a different site is ridiculous

Thanks

Archived