Do you want the ability to re-size photos (avatars), to come back?

Rhett

I just finished reading a big thread and this was one of the topics.... Let's see what the majority of users reading this forum would like to see.

Please don't turn this into a debate, just vote your choice and post a smile!

Added by Matt
Just so we're clear, you can already set the max upload (kb) and size (w x h) per user-group. However, when viewing a topic or board / forum index the 100x100 or 50x50/25x25px cropped thumb is used. When uploading a photo, you can set the crop area.

Edited to add:
This feature has been added:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, the ability to use externally-hosted images is far more important to me than dimensions.

Start a constructive poll for that feature.... if people complain it's often noted as 'Barneys Girlfriend'ing, if we quietly and correctly give feedback based on our members wishes and complaints then that is all we can do. Features are often replaced/removed and it's noted as a majority decision based on feedback, so if we contribute feedback more often, then it might just shape the direction of the future. :)

Absolutely yes. To be honest I am surprised there are so many no votes.

If they are brought back all those who voted no would still have the option to select a single size and leave it alone for everyone. How is choice in this case a problem?

This was one of those nice little perks on my forum where users in specific groups got to use a slightly bigger image, etc.

I can't vote yes because it's not something I want but then I can't vote no because it's not something I don't want either. I can see in the forums that some people have an opinion on this and some are very strong about it but I'm guessing that most people, just like me, don't really care one way or the other.

In order to be fair to Invision I believe the poll should have a "Either is good with me" option.

I definitely loved this feature as it enabled me for different things.

Different usergroups could have different sized avatars (like it was in a vBulletin-project years ago). Either they earned it by posts or time since registration. It was great to be able to have different sizes for mods (although one must pay attention not to break the layout %7Boption%7D' alt='' class='ipsImage' >) or admins since everyone saw their rank at the first glimpse.

Apart from that it was great not to only allow squarish avatars but something like 150x300 (special group) and 150x150 for the average user and it not being cropped or changed, but the aspect ratio being honored.

Again, one must be careful to not overdo but this is just bare logic. I mean if the layout looks good with 150xY it probably won't look good at 1200xY %7Boption%7D' alt='' class='ipsImage' >

It's one of the features I'll really, really miss and I don't like about big "Web 2.0" sites.

I voted "I'm fine with either option" simply because my members really don't care about that stuff and neither do I. As long as we have an avatar to show there, it's all good. Size really isn't an issue for us.

Archived