3.2 Visual editor

Christophe

I tried to use it a couple of times and abandoned.

Mac firefox latest on lion and I am having tremendous difficulties in doing simple things like entering manually a rgb value under the eyedropper.
The eyerdop also seems to turn into a cross/target when I need it to be a eyedrop...

I tried about 4 times to play with it but abandoned the idea as it was too frustrating. It looks cool and must be really nice to use but I do not know if that is my browser/machine or if I need to read a howto before. I suspect there are still some hidden issues with the js and was wandering if that was just me or if others had had issues too?

As quick feedback also I would make the window much bigger to be able to see all the options/fields at once and make the top bar collapseable or have it as a window sidebar like what you see on all these Feedback js tabs.

I too gave up trying to use it do to it not always working properly and I noticed that you could not access all areas needed to complete a skin, that and using it also created additional css pages, so in the end it's simpler and cleaner to start from scratch with the default skin.

so in the end it's simpler and cleaner to start from scratch with the default skin.

That's exactly what I do. All the skins I've ever done for my IP.Boards have been designed from scratch using the default skin as my base. Sure, it takes a bit longer to do, but at least I know I'm not going to run into any serious issues.

I used to start with the skin tool on the IPS website and it created a default skin base with the same stock code... I would do this to get the color of the images and buttons as close as I could. With the VSE I found it's adding extra code/style sheet.

• Management

If you find a bug, please report it into the bug tracker. That is the whole idea of a beta feature. You find the bugs and we fix them. To complain about something not working assumes that we have no interest in fixing it.

This isn't the case.

Archived