Tom Christian

Pulse by IPS Themes

932 posts in this topic

Quick Note:

A few people have reported issues with the IPS addons (content, gallery, blog, downloads). This is because the images folders for those specific addons are not included in the Pulse images folder. To fix this, you can copy the required folders from the default skins image folder, into the Pulse one. Bare with me whilst I fix this. I'll update the download later on today.

I've just noticed a slight bug from the demo. On the board index, the spacing of "The moderating team Today's top 20 posters Overall top posters" is too close compared to the default skin.

This was on FIrefox if it helps.

Thanks. I fixed that on my local board. I'm updating the download package later on with a few big fixes so it will be included with that.

Looks great in chrome. It's a mess in Safari. Maybe take a look through safari browser? Thanks!

Looks great in chrome. It's a mess in Safari. Maybe take a look through safari browser? Thanks!

Demo site looks fine to me in Safari.

Chrome and Safari are based on the same rendering engine, although there will always be some differences.

Try squishing the screen a little bit. The header area gets all screwy. Same with safari/chrome. My mistake on thinking it is safari only.

Try squishing the screen a little bit. The header area gets all screwy. Same with safari/chrome. My mistake on thinking it is safari only.

Yeah min width isnt really enough for the menu area, I noticed that in all browser I've tried.

Will be worse if you have a lot of apps/links there, as I do, one of the things Tom has documented is a more dropdown menu, but I was going to look at making it be able to be bigger without dropping a line and/or make min width bigger.

Another option is to have it float over the "logo" image, as the width reduces.

Update: I just updated the download package with the image packs for Blog, Gallery and Downloads. There's also a few very minor bug fixes. (nothing majorly noticable).

@alexp999 & @PermFile - I'll have a look at this issue asap.

I've got three very promising PSD's that are in a work-in-progress stage. I want to show a few select people from here so I can get some feedback and hopefully decide which one shall be my next released theme. If you're interested, please reply to this and I'll PM the first couple of people.

Tom.

I've got three very promising PSD's that are in a work-in-progress stage. I want to show a few select people from here so I can get some feedback and hopefully decide which one shall be my next released theme. If you're interested, please reply to this and I'll PM the first couple of people.

Tom.

Would be great to see.

I've loved your work in the past, Pulse is the first one which fits perfectly into my main sites style.

Just found another bug on the demo board.

When you are on the board index, and hit the new posts button, to mark the forum as read.

The green background stays in place, but the ajax call replaces the text with the default no new posts image.

Ideally it should remove the background, and not show any image or text to match the normal page load "no new posts" look.

Just found another bug on the demo board.

When you are on the board index, and hit the new posts button, to mark the forum as read.

The green background stays in place, but the ajax call replaces the text with the default no new posts image.

Ideally it should remove the background, and not show any image or text to match the normal page load "no new posts" look.

Thanks. I fixed this bug on my local install. Kind of hard to explain so I'll update the DL package in the next few days.

Is it possible to fix the gallery view?
And the forum, when ya hover the "categories" thing.. is it possible to make a tut to make it normal?
I got a few special members, that dont like anything xD

Is it possible to fix the gallery view?

And the forum, when ya hover the "categories" thing.. is it possible to make a tut to make it normal?

I got a few special members, that dont like anything xD

What is wrong with the gallery view?

I presume you mean the fade in effect when you hover over the categories? I'll write a tutorial and put it into the documentation in the next few days.

If you want to do it manually, go to the boardIndexTemplate and remove all of the tabeFade, fadeStats and fadeLastPost classes.

Is there a tutorial included with pulse(or elsewhere) on how to change the default font of the forum?

Is there a tutorial included with pulse(or elsewhere) on how to change the default font of the forum?

Not out of the box. I'll add it on my list of things to add though.

I can tell you how in the mean time if you want :)

Just asking again about the look of the sub pages - such as member info area, would it be possible to make it look a little more like default IPB, at the moment it looks boring and "wrong", the standard IPB looks a lot better! (See my screenshot for comparisons on the first page)

Other than that, this skin is perfect.

Just asking again about the look of the sub pages - such as member info area, would it be possible to make it look a little more like default IPB, at the moment it looks boring and "wrong", the standard IPB looks a lot better! (See my screenshot for comparisons on the first page)

Other than that, this skin is perfect.

Pulse has the same layout as the IPB one for those areas that I can see,

:S

Did you fix the squishing window width issue? Thanks!

Yes I have. I've not updated the download yet though. I'll do it later this evening incase any other bugs crop up in that time :)