Download: WordPress SSO Integration

Alex

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

One last question, is there anything i need to do to get the avatar pictures to sync on wordpress? they aren't coming across at all
apart from one member and the only difference is he's using gravatar and the rest have uploaded theirs

is there anyway to get the uploaded avatars synced?

Grand yeah, properly painless to install and get working. happy enough with it.

i'd been using a more expensive alternative IPBWI to try achieve the same thing for a fairly large set of forums, and it was giving me considerably more hassle and was 5x the cost, granted for the money it comes with built in widgets for displaying recent topics and what not and a decent response time for support , but i've replaced that with some rss feeds generated from the boards themselves.

but yeah for the $30's this is doing the job nicely combined with some redirect plugins to keep the users from getting into the wp dashboard/wp-login screens you'd never know the site was wordpress really.

Hi, I've got a question which I've been trying to find an answer for in the support topic, but maybe I missed it so I apologise if I'm double posting something.

I'm just wondering if this awesome sounding plugin would work if the WP and IPB databases are located on different servers and URLs. Because I can only afford shared hosting, and my forum's are can be busy at times, I've had to separate the main wordpress part of my website and the forums installations on to two separate accounts. If it's useful I'll link the two installations at the bottom of this mail.

I love the sound of this mod. It would certainly resolve a lot of the complaints I get about the two separate websites being awkward to login to when having two different logins.

Many thanks for your help, and I hope you're all having a great weekend! :)

Jason
www.ostomyland.com (WP) and www.ostomyland.org/ostomyboardipb (IPB)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all, does anyone know where I would update the script so that it pulls my users from the right database and table?

It's pulling my users from the wrong IPB table (I have two due to converting to IPB and more) and Wordpress SSO is recognizing the wrong table. Now all new members on my IPB can't login to my Wordpress because Wordpress is pulling the old IPB database, and not the current one.

Please advise! Thanks

Posting this here to see if anyone else had this problem and could help us out.

We are currently using this plugin for Wordpress SSO with IP.Board and are having one small issue with it.

When people get an account created, the first time they go to the forum they get an error that says this:

"The Administer has disabled all registrations and as such, you are not able to complete your login at this time."

Pic: http://imgur.com/08QEK

But then if they refresh the forum main URL they can enter the forums just fine.

Any idea on how I could fix this?

Thanks!
- Caleb Wojcik
http://fizzle.co

Hi, I've sent communication via email, private message and AIM over the past 3 days and have yet to receive a reply.

Our Wordpress SSO is no longer working (login on one side does not auto-login on the other).

Please, this is a critical function of our website and we need help asap.

Thanks in advance.

Close, but no cigar...

The SSO works now only if someone logs into IPB first, then WP recognizes them.

But now it would appear the logins aren't syncing, because some of those same working IPB logins come up as unrecognized when our users try to log in via Wordpress instead.

Please, please, help... Our readers are starting to get rowdy.

Thanks in advance! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Installed the WP plugins and IPB hook.

When trying to log in to IPB, getting the following error:

Warning: file_get_contents(http://blog.mydomain.com/wp-ssoapi.php?email=&username=Drakior&attemptLogin=1) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found in /home/admin/public_html/forum/admin/sources/loginauth/wordpress_sso/auth.php on line 132

• WP is installed on: blog.mydomain.com and IPB is on community.mydomain.com. Both are on the same server, same ip.
  • The file: /home/admin/public_html/forum/admin/sources/loginauth/wordpress_sso/auth.php does indeed exist.
  • PHP 5.3.4, php.ini has "allow_url_fopen = On"

Any suggestions as to what could be happening?

Thanks

Still no reply from AH Modding by PM, email or forum.

We're still having issues with our installation of this mod, getting really frustrated.

Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.domain.com/forum/wordpress_sso.php?getCurrentUser=0&pass_hash=ac033b5b95f3e47ba2987a38d2279072) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: Connection timed out in /home/user/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordpress_ipb_sso/wordpress_ipb_sso.php on line 38

• 3 weeks later...

Still no reply from AH Modding by PM, email or forum.

We're still having issues with our installation of this mod, getting really frustrated.

That's an issue with your server if the connection is timed out, nothing to do with the modification itself :-)

Archived