Mike John

Portal

1,027 posts in this topic

Portal

Adds a Portal application to IP.Board. Based upon IP.Board Portal by IPS. Please be sure to direct all support questions or suggestions in the discussion topic rather then at IPS. The Portal is currently exclusive to the IPS Marketplace, I do not support this application elsewhere.

View IP.Board 4 version here.

Keep up to date with DevFuse mod development and releases.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    06/21/2011
  • Category
  • Discussion URL
    http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/340062-download-portal/
  • Support Info
    <p>Get support from discussion topic.</p>
  • Supported Versions
    IP.Board 3.3.x,IP.Board 3.4.x
Haku2, AllanLima and Lucky1991 like this

A few minor changes in v1.0.1 today:<p class="description">

• Poll block upgraded to work in IPB 3.2.
  • Addition of legacy plugin code for a plugin settings. (Allows plugin authors to link to a plugins settings from the manage portal page.)

Couple of things.. even though I removed the old portal first, it looks like the button/tab for it is still there. And the new one has it's own tab.
Second things is more of a question. But in past versions, you were able to make the portal the landing page or home page of the forum by modifying some code. How do you do that with the new version?

Find initdata.php in the root of your forum open it and after a few lines around line 50 you will see this line.

define( 'IPS_DEFAULT_PUBLIC_APP', 'forums' );

and change it to

define( 'IPS_DEFAULT_PUBLIC_APP', 'portal' );[/code]

Berg. and trancehed like this

Thanks. I fixed my other problem too by checking yes to setting "Hide for all current and future groups?"

Couple of things.. even though I removed the old portal first, it looks like the button/tab for it is still there. And the new one has it's own tab.

Second things is more of a question. But in past versions, you were able to make the portal the landing page or home page of the forum by modifying some code. How do you do that with the new version?

Does it appear in the Manage applications page at all? Gerry already provided the edit but for future reference, I've included a file with instructions in the Documentation folder, you'll find this in the zip you downloaded.

The second line for IPS needs to remain there. If the size of the copyright is a concern, I have had feedback on this and will be trying to compact the copyright next version. If you want to remove the first line, send pm a PM for details but the second line does need to still remain.

ehh...I've bought copyright removal fom IPS. IMO its self defeating to link your clients/userbase somewhere else on the welcome page (or in your footer). I don't mind attributions page if necessary. I just wont use this I guess. bleh

ehh...I've bought copyright removal fom IPS. IMO its self defeating to link your clients/userbase somewhere else on the welcome page (or in your footer). I don't mind attributions page if necessary. I just wont use this I guess. bleh

Sorry it's out of my hands, the second link is not mine. You'll need to check with IPS if it's possible to remove it for those who have copyright removal.

On my board I would like my portal to extract posts from a particular forum, how do I do this?

In the portal settings page, choose the forums you want to show in the "Latest Topics (Main) - Forums" setting.

That was easy lol I was using

<br><div class='general_box'><h3></h3></div>

so everytime I had to edit the skin now I don't have to worry :D thanks.

Any ideas where I can get info/documentationabout adding blocks, turning the portal in to 3 colums, blocks either side and content in the middle etc.

there was talk of some docs a bit back

Any ideas where I can get info/documentationabout adding blocks, turning the portal in to 3 colums, blocks either side and content in the middle etc.

there was talk of some docs a bit back

I was creating some docs but as I'm working on an upgrade that allows you to easily add custom blocks, I put them on hold as they will soon be out of date.
talkrowing likes this

Hi, when I visit my website I see as the page title: "Portal - Name_of_Site" Where is the setting for me to remove "Portal -" and Just leave "Name_of_site" as the page title?

There is no setting but you can modify this with a file edit.

Open admin/applications_addon/other/portal/modules_public/portal/portal.php

Find:

$this->registry->output->setTitle( $this->lang->words['portal_title'] .' - '. $this->settings['board_name'] );[/CODE]

Replace With:

[CODE]$this->registry->output->setTitle( $this->settings['board_name'] );

Save admin/applications_addon/other/portal/modules_public/portal/portal.php

louve likes this

There is no setting but you can modify this with a file edit.

Open admin/applications_addon/other/portal/modules_public/portal/portal.php

Find:

$this->registry->output->setTitle( $this->lang->words['portal_title'] .' - '. $this->settings['board_name'] );[/CODE]

Replace With:

[CODE]$this->registry->output->setTitle( $this->settings['board_name'] );

Save admin/applications_addon/other/portal/modules_public/portal/portal.php

Cheers

Are you able to add other things to the portal.. Like arcade info.. Or would that require direct info from the arcade itself? And other things, like awards n what not.

Are you able to add other things to the portal.. Like arcade info.. Or would that require direct info from the arcade itself? And other things, like awards n what not.

Currently the only options are through plugin files (see admin/applications/forums/extensions/portalPlugins/ for example) or in the template bit itself. I'm working on an upgrade that allows you to quickly add blocks through the admin cp.

The only problem with the portal is that when someone replies to a topic, that topic does not go back to the top of the portal (like in the forums)is this something that can be implimented?

The only problem with the portal is that when someone replies to a topic, that topic does not go back to the top of the portal (like in the forums)is this something that can be implimented?

Shouldn't be too hard to add, the last post time is stored in the topic table already. Do you want to change the main topics or the ones in the sidebar?