Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry if this have been asked before. I was wondering if it is possible not leaving the current page (index) when clicking "My prefs" ? Currently it opens up the chat in full page width which I dont want, is it possible to disable it from opening up in full page width ?

That's the way the auto-refresh works, it checks every 30 seconds to see if there are new shouts to display. If you wanted it to update as soon as there's a new shout, it'd have to constantly be checking for new shouts, and checking for new shouts is a resource intensive process. I had to set the minimum refresh time to 30 seconds because having it too low caused problems for a lot of people with the resource usages this would cause.

For some reason I can only get the shoutbox to show up on my main index page if I choose the sidebar option. I really want it up top above all the forum categories, but once I choose the option Above Forum Categories (Index Board only), it disappears.

Any ideas how I can fix that? I tried hitting recache skin sets after making change and still does not show up. Only way to get it to show up is use sidebar option.

I found my mistake, permissions were set wrong on the cache files some were not set to 777, while I hit recache did not realize it did not do every file, I made that change recache the skin and now it works.

So can ignore my above post but thank you for the help =)

Some of my member are not able to use the shoutbox cause they have ' in their username, When i remove the ' they can use it,

This was not a problem with the older version of this mod but since i upgraded to the latest version it has now appeared

This is a great mod.. thank you

Archived