Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah as i said its at the top

post-75145-0-11156300-1342986418_thumb.j

shoutbox settings-global shoutbox hook-change hook to enable to above categories.
save.
change back to top of page.
save.
not sure if it will fix the slider but it should make it go back on top of sidebars (not beside) which may correct it.

go to your acp.
go to shoutbox settings.
click hook global shoutbox
under location settings-hook to enable change that to above forum categories and save it.
then change it back to top of each page and save it.

I have to do this whenever I update shoutbox for some reason, if I don't it is shown beside the sidebars and not n top of them all.

Guest Ae9803

Hello,
I have read the FAQ. Have a quick question, I am currently trying to exclude pages on the pages list it works just fine until I attempt to exclude the store. When I exclude the store with "app=store", all the excluded pages I previously excluded are now seen again. As soon as I remove it, it is fine again. Please advise if this is a known issue.

Guest Ae9803

I was actually able to correct it, the list should show as this.....

app=members,
app=gallery,
app=calendar,
app=feedback,
app=contactus,
app=nexus

Hello Micheal,

I upgraded IPB 3.3.4 and Shoutbox to 1.3.3 and I have two problems:

1. I (and other members) can't edit shout ... when I press Edit Shout nothing appends
2. The shoutbox page doesn't shows the editor.

Note ... I uninstalled previous version, uploaded new files and installed 1.3.3

Thanks

Heres another question,

How do you change the width of the shoutbox that displays on the global header?

You can edit the code in the skin_shoutbox_hooks -> hookGlobalShoutbox to suit your needs.

Hello Micheal,

I upgraded IPB 3.3.4 and Shoutbox to 1.3.3 and I have two problems:

1. I (and other members) can't edit shout ... when I press Edit Shout nothing appends

2. The shoutbox page doesn't shows the editor.

Note ... I uninstalled previous version, uploaded new files and installed 1.3.3

Thanks

Your skins were not rebuilt properly, do the steps in the Shoutbox FAQ dealing with the buttons not working, it's the same issue.

Make sure you uploaded all of the files for this version of the app, you should only be getting that error if you have earlier versions of the app's files on your site.

Check the /admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/modules_public/view/display.php file on your site and make sure it has the code mentioned in this report:

http://invisionfocus.com/tracker/issue-630-post-334-forum-update-cannot-edit-shouts/page__view__findpost__p__2321

Guest Ae9803

Nevermind I was able to edit it here, However. How can I get the sidebar of hooks pushed up?

<div class='category_block block_wrap' style='width:77%'>

Did you just want it so this would be above the forum categories, with the sidebar still taking the full right side? If so, you just needed to choose the "Above Forum Categories (Board Index Only)" option in the Global Shoutbox hook's "Hook to enable?" setting.

Guest Ae9803

Well, I want it to appear about everything, all forums. But when I did that, it changed the width, and pushed the sidebar down. Now I have fixed the width, but there is whitespace. Is it possible for the shoutbox to be on all forum pages and allowing the side bar to take the full right?

Well, I want it to appear about everything, all forums. But when I did that, it changed the width, and pushed the sidebar down. Now I have fixed the width, but there is whitespace. Is it possible for the shoutbox to be on all forum pages and allowing the side bar to take the full right?

That's not going to be possible. The only way to make it appear on all pages of the forum is to make it hook into the globalTemplate. There is no hook point in the globalTemplate that will make it show in that configuration on the board index; it will always push the sidebar down if you're showing it on pages other than the board index.

HI

Hoping someone can help

Never had a problem with the shoutbox. We are currently using board 3.3.2

I downloaded a new skin and we cant shout

If we use the old skin we can shout

Is this fixable or is the best bet just to find another skin that it works on.

Archived