Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

Hey Michael, I'm wondering if it's possible to
1- see a list of current users in the shoutbox.
2- start a private 1 on 1 shoutbox convo

I can't seem to find it, and current users don't show up for me... unless they're invisible when the only user is yourself?

Thanks

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Michael, thanks for the previous response. I guess I just assumed there was a "list" in the traditional sense, though maybe it's better this way.

Anyway, I seem to be having a new issue with the # above the chat tab.

When logging into my forums' homepage:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/254/shoutboxnumber1.jpg/

When clicking "Chat" (no new chats have been added in the meantime):
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/36/shoutboxnumber2.jpg/

When clicking back again to Forums (still, no new chats have been added in the meantime):
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/59/shoutboxnumber3.jpg/

Why aren't these updating properly?

Thanks again, and sorry for all the posts.

I just finished upgrading my board to 3.3.x, and also upgraded my shoutbox. Now, it seems the ajax isn't working? When I type a message, and click enter, or click shout..it never sends the message.
This is only an issue on the main index.
If I go to the shoutbox specific page, everything works normal, and or go to any other page where SB is displayed.

Also, is it possible to place the shoutbox above the forum category on the main index, and the top of each page everywhere else? Thanks

I just finished upgrading my board to 3.3.x, and also upgraded my shoutbox. Now, it seems the ajax isn't working? When I type a message, and click enter, or click shout..it never sends the message.

This is only an issue on the main index.

If I go to the shoutbox specific page, everything works normal, and or go to any other page where SB is displayed.

http://community.invisionpower.com/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=2219891

Also, is it possible to place the shoutbox above the forum category on the main index, and the top of each page everywhere else? Thanks

No.

I have IP.Board 3.3.2. I installed in the public_html/forum/board/upload everything is there like in the files of the computer but ther`re not working. The dont appear in Manage Applications & Modules and even nowhere using the search boxor going to hooks, System Settings or everywhere. Help please, i`d like to have this on my forum, much apreciated.
I installed Shoutbox 1.3.2 (IP.Board 3.2 & 3.3).zip

When installing I followed the directory in the download and placed each file in their concurrent locations in the FTP; however, every time I go to the settings section of the shout box I get the message below. The shout box will not show up on the site but it is showing in all the proper locations in the ACP. I tried to uninstall the app in order to reinstall it to see if that will solve the problem. It will not even let me uninstall the app. I get the same message as below.

Any help will be appreciated.

Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

You can use the information here to find out what the error is when that message shows up anywhere in IP.Board:

http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/documentation/index.html/_/knowledge-base/recurring-non-version-specific-issues/database-driver-errors-r326

you uploaded to wrong place.

when uploading the app everything in the upload folder gets uploaded to your forums directory.

thought there was a tutorial somewhere here on how to ftp applications, can't seem to find it now.

There is one Uploads directory public_html/forum/uploads
And there is one upload directory public_html/forum/board/upload I installed there. with no s. Some folders inside are the same than the .zip but empty,so i think is the writ place. Or worng place? The folder uploads, with s, is full of images from Nexus, .png pacakge .As the folder in the .zip attchment says i installed without an s. What is the problem.

This is what it says when installed uplods

Archive: /home/****/public_html/forum/upload.zip
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/app_class_shoutbox.php
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/extensions/admin/group_form.php
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/extensions/admin/index.html
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/extensions/coreExtensions.php
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/extensions/coreVariables.php
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/extensions/editorSections.php
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/extensions/furlTemplates.php
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/extensions/index.html
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/index.html
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/js/acp.banned.js
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/js/acp.moderators.js
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/js/index.html
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/modules_admin/index.html
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/modules_admin/manage/banned.php
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/modules_admin/manage/defaultSection.php
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/modules_admin/manage/index.html
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/modules_admin/manage/moderators.php
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/modules_admin/manage/xml/index.html
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/modules_admin/manage/xml/menu.xml
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/modules_admin/manage/xml/permissions.xml
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/modules_admin/overview/defaultSection.php
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/modules_admin/overview/index.html
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/modules_admin/overview/overview.php
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/modules_admin/overview/xml/index.html
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/modules_admin/overview/xml/menu.xml
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/modules_admin/overview/xml/permissions.xml
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/modules_admin/settings/defaultSection.php
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/modules_admin/settings/index.html
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/modules_admin/settings/settings.php
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/modules_admin/settings/xml/index.html
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/modules_admin/settings/xml/menu.xml
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/modules_admin/settings/xml/permissions.xml
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/modules_admin/tools/defaultSection.php
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/modules_admin/tools/index.html
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/modules_admin/tools/tools.php
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/modules_admin/tools/xml/index.html
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/modules_admin/tools/xml/menu.xml
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/modules_admin/tools/xml/permissions.xml
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/modules_public/ajax/coreAjax.php
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/modules_public/ajax/defaultSection.php
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/modules_public/ajax/index.html
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/modules_public/index.html
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/modules_public/view/defaultSection.php
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/modules_public/view/display.php
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/modules_public/view/index.html
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/setup/index.html
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/setup/versions/index.html
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/setup/versions/install/index.html
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/setup/versions/install/sql/index.html
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/setup/versions/install/sql/shoutbox_mysql_inserts.php
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/setup/versions/install/sql/shoutbox_mysql_tables.php
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/setup/versions/upg_10001/index.html
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/setup/versions/upg_10001/mysql_updates.php
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/setup/versions/upg_10002/index.html
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/setup/versions/upg_10002/mysql_updates.php
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/setup/versions/upg_11002/index.html
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/setup/versions/upg_11002/mysql_updates.php
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/setup/versions/upg_11003/index.html
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/setup/versions/upg_11003/mysql_updates.php
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/setup/versions/upg_11004/index.html
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/setup/versions/upg_11004/mysql_updates.php
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/setup/versions/upg_11004/version_upgrade.php
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/setup/versions/upg_11007/index.html
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/setup/versions/upg_11007/mysql_updates.php
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/setup/versions/upg_11008/index.html
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/setup/versions/upg_11008/mysql_updates.php
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/setup/versions/upg_12004/index.html
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/setup/versions/upg_12004/mysql_updates.php
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/setup/versions/upg_12009/mysql_updates.php
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/setup/versions/upg_13001/mysql_updates.php
extracting: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/skin_cp/appIcon.png
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/skin_cp/cp_skin_banned.php
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/skin_cp/cp_skin_moderators.php
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/skin_cp/cp_skin_overview.php
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/skin_cp/cp_skin_shoutbox_group_form.php
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/skin_cp/cp_skin_tools.php
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/skin_cp/index.html
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/sources/classes/index.html
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/sources/classes/library.php
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/sources/index.html
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/tasks/index.html
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/tasks/shoutbox_pruneshouts.php
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/xml/admin_shoutbox_language_pack.xml
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/xml/hooks.xml
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/xml/hooks/active_users.xml
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/xml/hooks/global_shoutbox.xml
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/xml/hooks/index.html
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/xml/hooks/online_tab.xml
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/xml/index.html
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/xml/information.xml
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/xml/public_shoutbox_language_pack.xml
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/xml/shoutbox_help.xml
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/xml/shoutbox_mobile_templates.xml
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/xml/shoutbox_modules.xml
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/xml/shoutbox_root_css.xml
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/xml/shoutbox_root_templates.xml
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/xml/shoutbox_settings.xml
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/xml/shoutbox_tasks.xml
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/xml/shoutbox_xmlskin_templates.xml
inflating: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/xml/versions.xml
inflating: upload/public/js/shoutbox.js
inflating: upload/public/style_images/master/shoutbox/index.html
extracting: upload/public/style_images/master/shoutbox/popup.png

I don't know what that's supposed to be a log of.

All you're supposed to be doing is downloading the zip file, extracting it on your computer, and using an FTP program to upload the contents of the upload folder to your forum's root directory. My guess as to what your post above means is that you're uploading the zip file itself and then extracting it on your site; that will not work.

I did, instaleed in root dir /forum, now i have one nre upload folder in the root directory of the forum, but nothing happends in Manage Applications & Modules

<snip>

in disabled is empty. Maybe the problem is because i installed it in /board/uploads too?

First off, don't ever post content copied and pasted from your Admin CP pages like that. Those links could have been used by a malicious user to gain access to your Admin CP where they can do tons of damage to your site.

Look, I wish I could explain this better, but apparently I cannot. All you should be doing is using an FTP program to drag and drop the contents of the upload folder of this app into the root directory of your forum. You should not be putting anything into a folder named 'upload' or 'uploads' on your site. The reason nothing shows up in Manage Applications & Modules is because you are not following these directions.

First off, don't ever post content copied and pasted from your Admin CP pages like that. Those links could have been used by a malicious user to gain access to your Admin CP where they can do tons of damage to your site.

Im using an ftp program from the hosting. So i upload the "upload" folder campletely in zip in /root forum and extract it completely everything in root, so the upload folder exist "new" with everything inside. I`ve done this before with all the programs and works

Archived