Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

I don't have any more explainations on why its doing that for you, no one else has that problem :unsure: , the only things I can still think of:

Your download of Shoutbox was corrupted, re-download it afresh and then:

Try another browser (especially if you are using Chrome)

When you replaced the files your FTP client decided to skip some as they were already present.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello

I have updated my Blog to 2.3.2 and I have the same problem.

Try with the default skin. If it works then contact the skin's author and ask about an upgraded version.

I have tested with default IP.Board skin and I have the same problem. When trying to add a comment to a blog, I can't add a comment.
I also notice that when clicking inside TextArea doesn't fire JS script...

I look to the CSS and I have noticed that toolbar is styled under '#ipboard_body .ips_editor .toolbar'. I have the .ips_editor class in my generated page... but it's removed by a script because the div element doesn't have the class after the page loading !?

Regards.

It's working for me, sort of.

What does not work is the Shoutbox once you open the comment window. The Blog comments do work fine though.

The Shoutbox issue will have to await someone to pick it up to fix that, but Blog comments do work for me.

Hi all, I was wondering if the creator of this splendid mod would ever have had in mind to make a shoutbox for the staff of a forum. In other words a separated shoutbox that would only appear in the staff category and would only be visible to members of the staff. At least I would love to have the possibility to post messages on the shoutbox which would only be viewable by staff members. This would be a great feature to me as I guess lots of users would like to communicate with their staff through the forum :)

Hi all, I was wondering if the creator of this splendid mod would ever have had in mind to make a shoutbox for the staff of a forum. In other words a separated shoutbox that would only appear in the staff category and would only be visible to members of the staff. At least I would love to have the possibility to post messages on the shoutbox which would only be viewable by staff members. This would be a great feature to me as I guess lots of users would like to communicate with their staff through the forum :)

:thumbsup:

Well, my issue has been fixed. I uninstalled the application, and reinstalled it and it worked fine. Before when I tried to uninstall it I got a bunch of errors, but when I tried it on Chrome it worked fine. Either it didn't like Safari, or it just wasn't working correctly at the time. Whatever the reason, it's working fine now. Thanks for the help. :)

Hello,

Fine, if it's working with your configuration, there will be a solution for me. Because it is not working for me on the default template.

Have you an idea to get rid of that problem ?

Regards.

Unfortunately, I'm not a coder. :) , you can try rebuilding the Master Skin Data (Template Tools in the ACP) and then recache your skins. If needed afterwards go to Tools / Settings > Performance > CPU Saving and turn off 'Load JS from Google' / 'Minify Javascript' to see if that helps. Beyond that I'm not sure what to suggest.

I did not write this application but I like to try to help where I can. :)

Well, my issue has been fixed. I uninstalled the application, and reinstalled it and it worked fine. Before when I tried to uninstall it I got a bunch of errors, but when I tried it on Chrome it worked fine. Either it didn't like Safari, or it just wasn't working correctly at the time. Whatever the reason, it's working fine now. Thanks for the help. :)

That's a relief and excellent to hear, thank you for posting back to say its working. :)

Hello,

Unfortunately, I'm not a coder. :) , you can try rebuilding the Master Skin Data (Template Tools in the ACP) and then recache your skins. If needed afterwards go to Tools / Settings > Performance > CPU Saving and turn off 'Load JS from Google' / 'Minify Javascript' to see if that helps. Beyond that I'm not sure what to suggest.

I have done what you suggest (recaching / change JS minifying) but the problem is still the same !

I have found were the problem appear and it's in your editor JS script ! I correct this script and all work fine now %7Boption%7D
Here are the correction in ips.editor.js around line 3247 inside the function editorExpand :
Change :

if ( x_expanded[key] == 0 )

To this code :

if ( !x_expanded[key] || x_expanded[key] == 0 )

The reason is that x_expanded[key] is undefined when the focus event is fired so the editor is not generated.

Is there a chance to see this problem solved in futur version of IPB ? Because I don't want to maintain code and the problem may appear on other website !

Regards.

I'm having some serious issues regarding the IPB Shoutbox.

Now, while I understand that IPS doesn't handle support related to the Shoutbox, I thought that maybe I could get some support in fixing the problems I'm having with database errors. It seems that everytime I try to install the Shoutbox, it runs fine. However, when it gets to the final steps in the process, the installation will halt and I'll get all kinds of database errors.

I'm certain that this has something to do with the fact that before I upgraded to IPB3, that I had been running 2.3.6 with no problem and I was using the IPB Shoutbox just fine. Unfortunately, when the service techs upgraded the software on my forums, the process corrupted IPB Shoutbox and I haven't been able to fix the problem and I know absolutely nothing about fixing database and MYSQL errors. I assumed that IPS Support would be able to help me with the issue regarding the MYSQL errors but support continues to tell me that they don't provide support.

Does anyone have any suggestions and why IPS cannot assist in helping me with these database errors?

I dont want to appear rude, but the continued silence from the creator of this application, since it was dropped from the "IP adoption" is now leaving members with problems and incompatibility as other applications and add-ons get upgraded.

I am assuming that with the forthcoming release of IPB3.2, this will effectively make shoutbox a dead project, which will lead to the unfortunate removal of it from a number of sites. Could the author please be kind enough to comment if this will be the case, so that pro-active admins can plan ahead for site upgrades?

Many thanks

I dont want to appear rude, but the continued silence from the creator of this application, since it was dropped from the "IP adoption" is now leaving members with problems and incompatibility as other applications and add-ons get upgraded.

I am assuming that with the forthcoming release of IPB3.2, this will effectively make shoutbox a dead project, which will lead to the unfortunate removal of it from a number of sites. Could the author please be kind enough to comment if this will be the case, so that pro-active admins can plan ahead for site upgrades?

Many thanks

I agree I sent her a PM months ago on how to use it and I was blown off and still cannot use the app :o

hello

I cant do any action in shootbox !!!

Since 2 dayes ago I can't write in shootbox or delete or do any action Although I Defined as an owner.

can you helep to resolve the problem?

Posted about this problem on this topic about a month ago and on the developer's forums at the same time, had no response since :P If you find out what the problem is drop me a PM :thumbsup:

I have downloaded the zip file for shoutbox, file is called upload. Now where do I upload that folder to? public-html? Or do I upload the two folders within the folder called 'upload' separately? Where do I upload the files so I can have a shoutbox? Please, anyone.

Cheers

I have downloaded the zip file for shoutbox, file is called upload. Now where do I upload that folder to? public-html? Or do I upload the two folders within the folder called 'upload' separately? Where do I upload the files so I can have a shoutbox? Please, anyone.

Cheers

Upload the folders inside "upload" to the place where your forum is.

Archived