Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

Hi. Not sure why but the site is running really slow whenever I turn the shoutbox on. When it is offline the site runs perfectly but when it's on the site runs really slow and keeps crashing. I've cleared the cache, reset the templates and even reinstalled the shoutbox dropping all old tables.

Forum software: 3.2.1
Shoutbox version: 1.2.1 (12002)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi. Not sure why but the site is running really slow whenever I turn the shoutbox on. When it is offline the site runs perfectly but when it's on the site runs really slow and keeps crashing. I've cleared the cache, reset the templates and even reinstalled the shoutbox dropping all old tables.

Forum software: 3.2.1

Shoutbox version: 1.2.1 (12002)

Do you have a lot of emoticons ? I've seen this before where they have to be loaded and it will slow it right down. If you do try it with them disabled in the Shoutbox for a while to see if that helps.

Hi,

I installed shoutbox and it is horizontal. How can i put it at the sidebar?

I haveinstalled the latest version

thanks

Go to Apps > Shoutbox > Shouts > Set 'Hook to enable' to 'Sidebar' , scroll down and save.

Now go to Look / Feel > Template Tools > and run "Recache Skin Sets"

You should now see it in the sidebar instead.

I don't have many emoticons but I followed your advice and it worked. Thanks [img]

[/img]

You're welcome. :)

Thereis no option Hook to Enable....

Can it be a matter of bad installation?

How can I uninstall and install the application again?

Go to Manage Hooks and click 'Re-import application hooks' , then look at the disabled hooks section for that hook. If its not there, go to Manage Applications / Modules and uninstall then re-install Shoutbox. Ensure all files are uploaded (if in doubt, download Shoutbox again and re-upload it) , note that you will lose previous shouts / settings if you chose to re-install it.

Go to Manage Hooks and ............. Ensure all files are uploaded (if in doubt, download Shoutbox again and re-upload it) , note that you will lose previous shouts / settings if you chose to re-install it.

To be sure I re-installed the application!

Now, everything is perfect!

Thank you one more time for your help AndyF!!!!

vasilis

Michael, I don't know if this is just something with my site, but none of my members, including me, can submit a shout using the "Enter" key while viewing the Shoutbox through the tab. Do you know how to fix this?

I'm having this same error. I'm running the latest version of the SB (which my forum peeps love, love, love, by the way), and I (along with other users) can't have a shout posted via the enter key. I've tried clearing my cookies, changing the Enter setting to no, saving, then switching back to yes and saving it again, and recaching the entire forum, as well as all the skins. Nothing seems to be working.

Any suggestions?

ETA: many thanks for maintaining the SB. My readers would be lost without it. :)

I'm having this same error. I'm running the latest version of the SB (which my forum peeps love, love, love, by the way), and I (along with other users) can't have a shout posted via the enter key. I've tried clearing my cookies, changing the Enter setting to no, saving, then switching back to yes and saving it again, and recaching the entire forum, as well as all the skins. Nothing seems to be working.

Any suggestions?

ETA: many thanks for maintaining the SB. My readers would be lost without it. [img]

[/img]

Try a different browser to eliminate it being a browser specific issue. :)

I contacted IPB thought it was a problem with the board saying:

Hello I have a big enough problem when my users try to insert an image by clicking on the button, the screen appears "dark" as if there was a glass, so far nothing unusual, insert the link they click ok .. . and remains stuck there ... This kind of glass do not want to disappear! this happens with any button ... it is very annoying because it leads to loss of writing and topic ...

And they said it was a problem with the shoutbox ... The forum link is in signature

Heya [img]

[/img]

I'm having a bit of a problem. Whenever we click the BB Code button, we are getting a parse error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method skin_gallery_global_1::bbCode() in /path/to/applications_addon/ips/gallery/extensions/bbcode/gallery.php on line 298

That is reporting from the gallery. Nothing the shoubox caused.

That is reporting from the gallery. Nothing the shoubox caused.

Considering it happens when I click the BB Code button in the shoutbox, I have to wonder about the accuracy of your assessment.

At any rate, I can't very well tell Gallery support that I'm getting an error in my shoutbox... add-ons aren't supported, you know.

Considering it happens when I click the BB Code button in the shoutbox, I have to wonder about the accuracy of your assessment.

At any rate, I can't very well tell Gallery support that I'm getting an error in my shoutbox... add-ons aren't supported, you know.

well, the error is coming from a gallery file. Thats the only accuracy I have to back up.

How do I delete the initial Guest post that comes with the mod? I love this mod.. gave it 5 stars! [img]

[/img]

You could click the moderation button on the far right of the post, then click "Delete Shout". Or simply type

/prune 0

(that will delete ALL shouts)

Any suggestions?

ETA: many thanks for maintaining the SB. My readers would be lost without it. [img]

' alt='' class='ipsImage' >[/img]

Hi, I am having problems i can't use the " act enter key as shout"

Are you both referring to the Global Shoutbox hook, or the Shoutbox application itself?

Anyone know if there's a way to set a character limit (limited by length, not size)?

There is a 'Max shout length' setting, but I'm not sure what the distinction is between length and size in your question.

Also the "<" you can't use.

Also i found a bug in the quick editor, it hang when you are trying to save it.

I'll fix the < character issue in the next release. It's best if you submit these sorts of bug reports in the bug tracker I link to in the description of this file.

I cannot reproduce any issue with the quick edit.

Heya [img]

' alt='' class='ipsImage' >[/img]

I'm having a bit of a problem. Whenever we click the BB Code button, we are getting a parse error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method skin_gallery_global_1::bbCode() in /path/to/applications_addon/ips/gallery/extensions/bbcode/gallery.php on line 298

That is, in fact, an issue with the IP.Gallery: http://community.invisionpower.com/tracker/issue-31901-gallery-bb-code-not-being-removed-upon-upgrade/

Archived