Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

I am getting the following error when trying to upgrade to the latest version of Shoutbox (1.3.5) from 1.3.3.

mySQL query error: UPDATE members SET shoutbox_shouts=88 WHERE member_id = 1

SQL error: Unknown column 'shoutbox_shouts' in 'field list'

SQL error code: 1054

Date: Tuesday 09th October 2012 01:11:04 AM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 01:11:04 +0000

Error: 1054 - Unknown column 'shoutbox_shouts' in 'field list'

IP Address: XXXX - /forums/XXXX/upgrade/index.php?app=upgrade§ion=upgrade&do=appclass

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mySQL query error: UPDATE members SET shoutbox_shouts=88 WHERE member_id = 1

.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

| File | Function | Line No. |

|----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------|

| XXXX/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/setup/versions/upg_13004/version_upgrade.php| [db_main_mysql].update | 24 |

'----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'

| XXXX/setup/applications/upgrade/sections/upgrade.php | [version_upgrade].doExecute | 403 |

'----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'

| XXXX/setup/applications/upgrade/sections/upgrade.php | [upgrade_upgrade].install_appclass | 148 |

| XXXX/setup/sources/base/ipsController_setup.php | [upgrade_upgrade].doExecute | 258 |

I ran this SQL code before trying to update.

ALTER TABLE members ADD shoutbox_shouts BIGINT( 8 ) NOT NULL;

UPDATE core_applications SET app_title='Shoutbox', app_description='Shoutbox adds a feature rich shoutbox to your existing IP.Board!', app_author='Larry Lewis' WHERE app_directory='shoutbox';

CREATE TABLE shoutbox_stats (

s_date date NOT NULL,

s_count bigint(8) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',

PRIMARY KEY (`s_date`)

) ENGINE=MyISAM;

Still having this issue :(

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try running this in the sql toolbox

ALTER TABLE members ADD shoutbox_shouts BIGINT( 8 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';

Just updated with a fix for strict mode mySQL try that and let me know.

How do i manually remove it? I check the db and cannot find the tables

maybe do full backups (files and database) then upload new SB and try installing?

then can uninstall?

I hit this (failed uninstall) once and cannot remember how I fixed it.

there are only 3 (that I see) tables in DB

shoutbox_mods

shoutbox_shouts

shoutbox_stats

maybe do full backups (files and database) then upload new SB and try installing?

then can uninstall?

I hit this (failed uninstall) once and cannot remember how I fixed it.

there are only 3 (that I see) tables in DB

shoutbox_mods

shoutbox_shouts

shoutbox_stats

all of those are gone. but for some reason it shows on my acp

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again. 

Same Driver error it gives me when I update permissions. I think it is a msql corrupted data

Hey, this just happened to me too. You'll also find that if you go to Cache Management > Shoutbox > shoutbox_shouts, that trying to recache that will give you the same error. I literally deleted my forum database 30+ times over the course of 5 hours trying to find a fix.

Here's what finally worked: With all the shoutbox files removed from my FTP, I went to 'Manage Applications and Modules' and then directly removed the Shoutbox application. Then I went to the disabled table, and directly removed it again. This did NOT work if I tried disabling it first and then removing it. Lucky for me though I was OCD enough to have backed up my database about 7 times yesterday since I was installing a bunch of hooks, so I had plenty of restore points to work with.

As an additional detail, I logged into a restore point of a database while my FTP folder was empty. Also, I was on version 1.3.3. After following these steps, I was able to upgrade successfully to 1.3.7.

Edit: I see that you deleted your tables already (based on my documented failures, that's not a good sign because the ACP still thought it was somewhere whenever I tried it). For example, if I would try and upload 1.3.7 after deleting each of those tables, I would get prompted with the formal upgrade menu and it would "inform" me that I was about to upgrade from 1.3.3 to 1.3.7, of course on my way to have more driver database errors. I don't know when the last time you upgraded your database was, but like I said, I only was able to get it to work by following those steps WITH those tables in my database restore point.

I'm sure there's other ways to do it, but I tried what seemed to be every permutation and what I described above was the only thing that worked, which is why I hope you have a recent DB restore point.

Edit2: I also see that you said 'mssql'. If you indeed are using that instead of 'mysql' then all of my suggestions may be void.

Speaking of backups... I'm very happy I made them because the recent update didn't work out for me. It disabled the sound notification extension which is an absolute game-changer for this app (it's only compatible up to 1.3.5). For me at least, whatever changes that occurred in the recent updates would not be worth losing the sound. So I would caution others to think about waiting for that other app to catch up first and sticking with 1.3.4 for now 1.3.3 for now.

Having that sound notification is extremely convenient because you'll know when someone talks in the shoutbox even if in a different tab or not sitting in front of your computer. It also lets you adjust the volume.

Update: I just reverted to 1.3.3 and then upgraded to 1.3.4, the sound hook did not work on 1.3.4 even though it advertises up to 1.3.5. So if you want that, you might want to save yourself the time I just went through and keep 1.3.3 until it's confirmed to work with the upgrades.

Update: I just reverted to 1.3.3 and then upgraded to 1.3.4, the sound hook did not work on 1.3.4 even though it advertises up to 1.3.5. So if you want that, you might want to save yourself the time I just went through and keep 1.3.3 until it's confirmed to work with the upgrades.

I had some issues restoring after this test and just got everything working again after fully restoring my root. I then noticed that the sound hook still wasn't working on 1.3.3. But after uninstalling the sound hook and reinstalling it, it was working. I did not try to un/reinstall it on 1.3.4. This means that I might have been wrong about it not working on 1.3.4.

I was just trying to provide a helpful datapoint, but I hope it's understandable that I am reluctant to try upgrading to 1.3.4 again to verify this as my last post was 4 hours ago.

But if anyone else can verify that the sound mod is working on 1.3.4, I will accept that at face value and give the upgrade another try.

After that marathon last night of restoring my database 4 dozen times I thought I was past the database driver errors, but I'm getting them again now. It started with how the edits wouldn't work, then I found myself unable to recache shoutbox shouts, and then after removing it, it give me the error if I try to reinstall it.

I can't have a forum without a shoutbox >< I hope there is a fix to this.

After that marathon last night of restoring my database 4 dozen times I thought I was past the database driver errors, but I'm getting them again now. It started with how the edits wouldn't work, then I found myself unable to recache shoutbox shouts, and then after removing it, it give me the error if I try to reinstall it.

Just reporting back that after restoring my directory and database, the shoutbox is working fine again and with no database errors.

Also, I have a theory on what broke it. I was doing speed tests and I disabled all of my hooks. I have a feeling that "global shoutbox" didn't like being disabled and I believe shortly after re-enabling it is when I was having problems editing shouts.

But on a positive note, I was startled to find out that the shoutbox didn't add to my average loading times, not even by a hundredth of a second. I have a lot of trouble understanding that, since adding any of my sideblock hooks adds at least a couple seconds when compared to having no sideblocks. The shoutbox embedded on my forum, however, is light as a feather.

Ok I painstakingly recached shoutbox_shouts after each of dozens of steps, and the database driver bug started kicking in as soon as I reuploaded the sound notification hook sad.png

So looks like my issue was because of an outside app, so much for that mod being a game changer... It's a shame because that was the best hook ever aside from permanently removing my database's ability to recache itself.

PLEASE come out with a Jlogica-approved version of the sound mod. If you want to make it separate and charge $100 for it, I'm ok with that.

I could maim myself for not being more paranoid, but I just permanently wrecked my database again. This time it happened when I removed the hooks for show online users. I would highly advise against disabling any shoutbox hooks even temporarily!

I just spent a substancial amount of time trying to make this happen. On a clean ipBoard with all IPS Apps installed you can enable/disable Shoutbox until the cows come home. It is likely that another hook (or the hook handler) not handling a hook being taken out of the processing chain. That been said the global hook is a nasty piece of work that has been written so that it handles switching modes. If it didn't there would need to be another 4 hooks to display the SB

I'm sorry about your tests, I edited in an explanation. It wasn't your fault it was the sound mod. Unfortunately I am neither able to merge my prior posts nor edit them.

To throw in my uneducated opinion, I believe the error is related to the fact that both the mod addon and your shoutbox have a library.php file in the exact same location, and that whatever changes are being overrode are the cause of my database getting FUBAR.

I took a look at the library.php file and this is all he added (around line 330):

</p>
<p> </p>
<div> </div>
<div>$content = $this->registry->output->getTemplate('shoutbox')->shouts_ajax( $a );</div>
<div>}</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>//----------------------------------</div>
<div>// (RSyvarth) Shoutbox Audio Alerts</div>
<div>//----------------------------------</div>
<div> </div>
<div>if( $this->settings['play_own_shout'] == 0 ){</div>
<div>$play_sound = FALSE;</div>
<div>if( is_array( $new_ids ) ){</div>
<div>foreach($new_ids as $ids){</div>
<div> </div>
<div>$row = $this->getShout( $ids );</div>
<div> </div>
<div>if( $row['member_id'] != $this->memberData['member_id'] ){</div>
<div>$play_sound = TRUE;</div>
<div>}</div>
<div>}</div>
<div>}</div>
<div>} else {</div>
<div>$play_sound = TRUE;</div>
<div>}</div>
<div> </div>
<div>if($this->settings['page_title_notify'] == 1){</div>
<div>$alertScript = 'alertTitle();';</div>
<div>}</div>
<div> </div>
<div>if(isset($a) && $play_sound ){</div>
<div>$content = $content . "<script type='text/javascript'> if((ipb.shoutbox.last_entry_string != '".$a['ids']."')){soundManager.play('newShout'); {$alertScript} } ipb.shoutbox.last_entry_string = '{$a['ids']}';</script>";</div>
<div>}</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>$this->classAjax->returnHtml( $content );</div>
<div>}</div>
<div>}</div>
<div>

Note that this sound mod actually works, but posts can no longer be edited (do to the recache system getting screwed up).

Is it possible to bold member tags when using the @ tag? I tried editing shoutbox_root_templates.xml but that does not seem to do it. I'm very comfortable with code edits but just cannot seem to find the right spot. Thank you!

Put this at the bottom of ipshoutbox.css for each skin you want it to work in:

.name {
font-weight:bold;
}

I'm surprised it has been free this long to be honest...

Me too. Considering the hours you put into this, it would probably still be "free" from your end if you charged a ton of money for it.

That being said, I wanted to share that the sound notification hook was updated last night, and all of those driver errors which I have been referring to are a thing of the past. I've upgrade my shoutbox to 1.3.7 and everything is working great; no more problems trying to recache shoutbox_shouts or when disabling hooks.

On the topic of a paid shoutbox, I would look forward to that, especially for the opportunity to make a minor contribution toward your tireless shoutbox efforts (I don't have a PayPal account so can only make Nexus purchases via credit card), but please try and communicate with the author of that sound notification hook or test it yourself before releasing a paid version; I can't imagine any improvements which would justify losing that hook. Thanks.

Edit: I see you edited in sound notifications as a feature of the paid version, cool.

Archived