Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How to ... check for all shouts except the shouts from 1 member ... there is a filter, but its a positif filter, and I'm looking for a negatif filter ( one member is shouting all day long and I wanne see shouts of other members ;) )

Please put into Tracker .. including a screenshot of where you are doing the filtering.

I was able to narrow down the problem. If anything at all is put in the message box, then there is a default green background. Different skins apply different levels of transparency to this green; some with no transparency at all, thus leaving a large green block.

But as a quick fix, deleting the shoutbox message makes the green box go away.

Hey is there a way to make the color of the message above my shoutbox particular to each skin? I've done my best to find a neutral color that works on all of them, but there's always one skin that provides a poor contrast.

I found[color=#800000] [/color][color=#006400]the tracker[/color]:

https://jlogica.com/...blematic-skins/

Pictures added (also to tracker):

Good: %7Boption%7D ok: %7Boption%7D Not so good: %7Boption%7D

Sorry for not scrolling up two posts to see tracker link ._.

I was able to narrow down the problem. If anything at all is put in the message box, then there is a default green background. Different skins apply different levels of transparency to this green; some with no transparency at all, thus leaving a large green block.

But as a quick fix, deleting the shoutbox message makes the green box go away.

Hi ,
you can force custom message color per skin by adding this css code to ipb_styles.css or any css file

div#shoutbox-announcement-text.message span {

color:#fff !important ;

}

here #fff white ,
for each skin you can choose suitable color code

I am working on the enhanced stats enhancement, in order to support it I have had to build a mySQL specific query in the shoutbox sql dir, for anyone running MSSQL a file will need to be created with MSSQL specific SQL.

If someone is using MSSQL and can do the SQL let me know.

[s]I am working on the enhanced stats enhancement, in order to support it I have had to build a mySQL specific query in the shoutbox sql dir, for anyone running MSSQL a file will need to be created with MSSQL specific SQL.

If someone is using MSSQL and can do the SQL let me know.[/s]

No longer applies after having been harangued mightily about using the correct form of a query which can be simulated by using two, alas my perfection has been tarnished in the field of battle due to expediency of lesser code.

Anyway there is now statistics accumulated by day. Also, pruning the shoutbox will no longer reset the stats backwards.

No longer applies after having been harangued mightily about using the correct form of a query which can be simulated by using two, alas my perfection has been tarnished in the field of battle due to expediency of lesser code.

Anyway there is now statistics accumulated by day. Also, pruning the shoutbox will no longer reset the stats backwards.

Thank you so much for adding that, now ill be able to prune a million shouts and start regularly pruning shouts afterwards and be able to use the archive without MySQL seizing up.

Thank you so much for adding that, now ill be able to prune a million shouts and start regularly pruning shouts afterwards and be able to use the archive without MySQL seizing up.

Still writing the update for a million shouts I dunno whether the updater is going to spit mightily .. you may need to have a custom upgrader built for the stats.

I have just done my first update to Shoutbox, it has been installed on my systems (both Development & Live) without dramas. But given the amount of advanced stuff that SB does just make sure you have a backup of your system!

If you have a huge number of shouts the upgrader will most likely stop due to too many SQL actions, building the statistics takes work!

Cheers,
Larry

All the shoutbox hooks presents in version 1.3.3, the upgrader for this version is not prepared carefully, tried twice, happened same.

Thanks I did mention that I upgraded 5 systems...

And all of your links throw bad gateway errors

My ACP don't mentions a new version when I check for available updates ... but the application information still mentions Michael's info (that's probably the reason of this problem)

Nah it can't the existing version points to Michael's system not mine. Should point to by versioning after upgrade ... well maybe.

The "installation.html" file for version 1.3.4 still mentions version 1.3.3 ... ;)

Thanks missed that one, I use a builder for updating that stuff and missed changing that to the macro processor.

Think I found it the macro for the <long> version information barf'd rotter didn't so on my systems though. Will build an update shortly. Delete those hook entries ;)

v1.3.5 uploaded hopefully that's all of the converting it over to my way stuff fixed ... blargh!

Hello, I seam to be getting a strange Warning Error with this Shoutbox version everytime I Upgrade and Uninstall this version of Shoutbox. I also have try uninstall the Shoutbox and Re-install but getting the same error.

Shoutbox still work, but how do I fixed this error so I don't get this error everytime install and uninstall it? Thank You.

Warning: DOMDocument::loadXML() [domdocument.loadxml]: StartTag: invalid element name in Entity, line: 13 in /home/xxxx/mydomain.com/ips_kernel/classXML.php on line 346

Warning: DOMDocument::loadXML() [domdocument.loadxml]: StartTag: invalid element name in Entity, line: 13 in /home/xxxx/mydomain.com/ips_kernel/classXML.php on line 346

Archived