Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The shoutbox 1.3.3 shows up perfecly working in two skins on my ipboard 3.3.4 but it does not show up in all other skins.

What to do now?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings,

Ruud

Settings > Global > Hook: Global Shoutbox > Shoutbox

Display on?; (!) Board index page (!)

Select where to display the global shoutbox.

NOTE: This setting won't have any effect if you are using the sidebar hook

:thumbsup:

I'm just gonna chime in. This application no doubt is what caused Micheal to drop his free mods. Look back at these 120pages of posts. Literally every page has 1-5 posts by Micheal. He sat here day in and day out listening to 99% of the problems which were people simply not reading the OP or rules and being himself (too nice) answered ALL of you.

Times have changed now. I plan on pushing code via Github and adding some features I've wanted. In no way is my code perfected at the level JLogica or Micheal's is, either way. We'll get this product rolling again (Not that Micheal didn't. I just have some features planned :) ).

@The guy with double posts. I experienced that problem back when I was on cheap $5 monthly hosting. Now that I actually pay for hosting, I see no lag / double posts. I also help out a site that has 110,000 shouts and a constant stream of users online with no double posts. Update your add-on and your server.

Times have changed now. I plan on pushing code via Github and adding some features I've wanted. In no way is my code perfected at the level JLogica or Micheal's is, either way. We'll get this product rolling again (Not that Micheal didn't. I just have some features planned :smile: ).

So long as you make them available for me to back port if suitable go for it!

When posting a shout, I notice it "doubles up" the shouts. The shout at the top (most recent) can also be found below (mid way down the shoutbox).

A refresh of the page corrects this, but a new shout replicates the issue again.

Any ideas?

if using any cache methods (apc, eaccelerator, etc) use the load shouts from database option.
i have seen this when NOT on a shared host.if not using a cache system then its most liekly host/server issue.

Archived