sijad

Members Online Today

339 posts in this topic

Members Online Today

File name: Members Online Today
Submitter: sijad
Submitted: 02/12/2009
Category: Promotion
Discussion URL : http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/339895-members-online-today/
Support Info: Support Topic
Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.1.x,IP.Board 3.2.x,IP.Board 3.3.x,IP.Board 3.4.x

New Version Available For IPS4

Keeps track of the number of registered members that have visited your site today and also records which day you set the record for the most members online in the same day. Also features the ability to let your members expand or collapse the list of members so that it can be easily hidden when not needed, to choose which groups can see the list, and to choose which groups display in the list.

View File

JahLion, TheMac and altenerg like this

OK, I have given this mod a little bit more love and added stuff people have been asking for. It's also about time this becomes version 1.0.0 officially. Here's what's new in this version:

• Added setting to toggle the link to display profile popup cards on or off
  • Added setting to toggle the displaying of the 'Most ever online...' stat
  • Added setting to switch between showing members online 'today' or in the past 24 hours
  • Made sure all date/times were using the date & time formats in the ACP instead of being hardcoded
  • Moved more 'presentation' stuff to the skin template for easier styling
  • Fixed the requirements checker so it won't tell you your IP.Board version is too new

To upgrade, just download this new version and re-import the hook's XML file. Be sure then to check out the new settings. If you have customized the skin template for this hook you may need to revert it and re-apply any changes you made to get the new features to work.
The Old Man likes this

Thanks Michael, my members all love your mod! Upgrading it was simple, as you say just uploaded the new hook and it overwrote the old one.

I have a secondary group named "Community Supporter Account". I then set the hook to be available to this secondary group and I don't see at the bottom of the page the online list. If I switch to a primary group it works.

Hello!

Can you tell me please how i can set it default to "Collapse" because.. every time a list with 500 Members don't look so good :P
And where can i translate it to german?

Kind regards
Markus

Ohio Riders likes this

There is no built-in way to set it up that way. If you're going to be having that many members online in a single day, then I would not recommend this mod, it's going to be using a lot of resources to build that list.

For some reason the mod works fine on most of my skins, but im having trouble on IP Board Classic Blue and IP Board Pro - for some reason it pushes everything across to the right.

http://www.doverlocals.co.uk/testsite/index.php?act=idx&

As soon as those skins aren't in beta anymore, then I'll check on them. Mods are written to work with the default skin, in other skins they sometimes don't look right.

Ive had a couple of members comment on this.

If they log in anonymously, it still shows that they have visited the board today. Is there anyway to stop people from showing that have logged in anonymously?

[url="http://forums.codersrefuge.com/topic/2-ipb3-resource-im-members-online-today-093/page__view__findpost__p__4463"]http://forums.coders...ndpost__p__4463[/url]

Michael,

My hook (which is similar to yours) has an option not to display members that have logged in anonymously. Although this is stored in the cookie, the last logged in status is updated in the ibf_members table.

I simply use

if ($member['login_anonymous'] == '1&0' or $member['login_anonymous'] == '1&1'){
..... last logged in anon.
}

If I am using this incorrectly then please let me know but my testing worked using this.

Yeah, I know about that, but that only records their last anonymous state. If they are anonymous on computer/browser 1 and not on computer/browser 2, it's just going to store whichever they used last. There isn't any real "I am anonymous" setting for each member. If you have members that are that concerned about their privacy, don't show the list to them.

Ok I see, to me that setting will suffice but I suppose that an option in IPB for a member to set their overall status as visible/invisible would be ideal.

first off...thx for the hook :P

doesn't seem to work correctly for me though

v3.0.5

guests see "X online member(s) (in the past 24 hours)" whether they are set not view...even if the mod is turned off..across all skins

if logged in everything works except the "Type of list to show" doesn't seem to work like it should:

( always shows "The following members have visited today:" and doesn't change to "X online member(s) (in the past 24 hours)" though the member list changes )

if I do set it so guests can view....the view does change...

goes from the "X online member(s) (in the past 24 hours)" to the same view logged in members get:

"The following members have visited today:"

any help with this issue will be appreciated

thx again :D

I don't know what to tell you, all of that stuff works fine for me, and no one else has reported anything remotely similar.

problem found:

the issue above is caused from the installation of another hook...Online Users & Group Legend...

installing this hook duplicates the error