Mass Delete

Canindia

Hi,

I have been wondering if there is an option to mass delete posts i.e I have unapproved a members posts in past 24 hrs and he posted nearly 200 posts in different sections/topics. Its kind of time taking to go to each topic and delete the unapproved posts. If I don't delete the unapproved posts, it shows up this red tag below sections showing 30 unapproved posts etc. which is annoying to see everyday.

Thanks

It can be done in the Admin CP. Just find the member in the Members tab, go to their edit page, and look for the 'delete all posts' option in the Actions dropdown.

But it deletes all their previous posts, I just want to delete the posts posted by the member in last 24hrs. It would be nice if it is added as an option member warning center. You already have approve and unapprove, just need to add another option delete posts.

There's an option for approving and unapproving all posts a member made in the past 24 hours in the warning center? It's not a feature I have to use often, so I find it surprising that exists.

Yes, there is that option, but it doesn't delete them. So there is a red display message under each topic, 30 queued posts, which is a bit annoying, since it doesn't go away until I delete all posts. The feature is not of much use in small forums, but big forums with lot of members its a big issue. Is there a way to ask for this feature request?

• 2 months later...

I hope its not bad to revive this post, but I greatly second this

Having a forum containing over 100.000 posts, and by now over a few thousands of unaproved posts, it is nearly impossible to clean them all up manually

• 1 month later...

I hope its not bad to revive this post, but I greatly second this

Having a forum containing over 100.000 posts, and by now over a few thousands of unaproved posts, it is nearly impossible to clean them all up manually

This would be great. I have no idea how to delete 80 unapproved posts. Some nice way to delete all directly would be nice.

I'm sorry, but it seems to me like people are misusing the Unapprove function. It's not meant to be a final state for deleted posts (hence the breadcrumbs all over the place leading to them).

I would recommend setting moderators up with the ability to soft delete posts and allow them to do that instead if you want the post content left in-line.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Yes please!  My settings make all new user's posts require approval, so that I can confirm that they aren't spammers, then after that first post is approved they can post freely.  But the spammers have far outpaced me, and no I have 1000's of unapproved posts with no way to mass delete them.  If anyone has a tool or plugin to help with this it would be greatly appreciated!

Archived