Adriano Faria

Global Forum Message

460 posts in this topic

Hello,

i want ask you, work this also on Vers. 3.1.0?

Yes it works...

I was wondering... how can I show the message only in the Index page? :P

Yes it works...

There are instructions included on how to make the message only appear on certain pages.

3DKiwi

Yes it works...

I was wondering the same thing as I do not see a debug message even though it is set to in the Admin CP. I have tried different skins but still do not see the debug message.

I find this alot better then posting a small announcement, maybe IPB should just adopt this into the system.

Any plans on allowing moderators to update / turn on or off the global message with out having to log into the ACP?
Maybe a link in the "Mod Tools" like "Manage Global Message".

I was wondering the same thing as I do not see a debug message even though it is set to in the Admin CP. I have tried different skins but still do not see the debug message.

I had the same problem. If you are root admin then the message will not show. So just create an Administrators account and use that to view the message.

Cheers, :)

Is definitely does show for root admins, it will show for anyone with Admin CP access as long as the debug setting is turned on. :blink:

I'm still having trouble getting this to work for me, so I thought I would uninstall it, download the file again and reinstall it. Anway, I went to the Installed Hooks page and it does not show up, so have no way of uninstalling it. I wonder why it would not show up here though? It is in the Tools and Settings/System Settings/Hooks, just fine. :unsure:

Michael,
Wild card support would be great. One other thing that would be awesome (if it's not too complicated) would be to have a setting that would keep it from appearing on certain pages. So if you wanted it to appear throughout the site except for, say, within the Subscription Manager pages, you could disallow that section with a wildcard. What do you think?

Thanks for a great mod.

Hi there:

Thank you for this mod! I am having an install error on 3.1.4. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards!

************************************************************************************************

Error: 1366 - Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'template_updated' at row 1 - /admin/index.php?adsess=f3acb345aec28399d37cbdd5895fb37b&app=core&module=applications&section=hooks&do=install_hook

mySQL query error: INSERT INTO ipb_skin_templates (`template_set_id`,`template_group`,`template_content`,`template_name`,`template_data`,`template_updated`,`template_removable`,`template_added_to`,`template_user_added`,`template_user_edited`,`template_master_key`) VALUES(0,'skin_global','settings[\'gfm_type\'] == 1\">\n
\n settings[\'gfm_title\']\">
settings[\'img_url\']}/comment_new.png\' alt=\'{$this->lang->words[\'icon\']}\' /> {$this->settings[\'gfm_title\']}
\n

{$this->settings[\'gfm_message\']}
\n
\n\n settings[\'gfm_type\'] == 2\">\n
\n settings[\'gfm_title\']\">{$this->settings[\'gfm_title\']}\n {$this->settings[\'gfm_message\']}\n
\n \n
\n settings[\'gfm_title\']\">{$this->settings[\'gfm_title\']}\n {$this->settings[\'gfm_message\']}\n
\n \n\n
','hookGlobalGlobalForumMessage','','',0,0,1,0,'root')

Hi there:

Thank you for this mod! I am having an install error on 3.1.4. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards!

************************************************************************************************

mySQL query error: INSERT INTO ipb_skin_templates (`template_set_id`,`template_group`,`template_content`,`template_name`,`template_data`,`template_updated`,`template_removable`,`template_added_to`,`template_user_added`,`template_user_edited`,`template_master_key`) VALUES(0,'skin_global','settings[\'gfm_type\'] == 1\">\n

\n settings[\'gfm_title\']\">

settings[\'img_url\']}/comment_new.png\' alt=\'{$this->lang->words[\'icon\']}\' /> {$this->settings[\'gfm_title\']}

\n

{$this->settings[\'gfm_message\']}

\n

\n\n settings[\'gfm_type\'] == 2\">\n

\n \n

\n \n\n

','hookGlobalGlobalForumMessage','','',0,0,1,0,'root')

Try the new version I just uploaded, it should fix that problem.

Did you go to "System settings" -> tab: "Hooks" -> "Global Forum Message" and set both of these two settings?

Groups to show the Message to

Please specify which group(s) will be allowed to see the message

and

Page(s) to show the Message on

Enter the page location values of the pages you want to show the message on, one per line. Enter just * to display the message on all pages.

wendyc likes this

Did you go to "System settings" -> tab: "Hooks" -> "Global Forum Message" and set both of these two settings?

Groups to show the Message to

Please specify which group(s) will be allowed to see the message

and

Page(s) to show the Message on

Enter the page location values of the pages you want to show the message on, one per line. Enter just * to display the message on all pages.

Yes I did, marked all the user groups and put the * in the field.

And the hook is active, yes?

All that is checked to determine whether to show the message is this: that the hook is actually activated, if there is some text set to display, if you are in a group able to see it, and if it's set to show on the page you are on.

Michael,
Thank you for this great product.
Would you please add an ON/OFF button that if we do not need it we can turn it off and needed turn it on...

Right now I have to disable and unable everytime I need it...

Thanks

Or you could set it so no groups could see it, or that it's not visible on all pages, or set it so there's no text to display. With 4 ways to disable it, is a 5th really necessary?