Voice your opinions (Change IPB 3.2 Now)

XiuzSu

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not speaking for everyone, just the ones who have posted wanting these things back.

Did you not say in the second line of your original post that "I believe I can say that at this time I'm speaking for most of the IPB customers.".

You stated you were speaking for the majority... clearly from the responses, you don't. So now you are speaking for the select members that want those particular features back.

Good to know you have decided not to represent the majorities oppinion any longer. Thanks.

Maybe it is just me, but I never lose any sleep or get upset over what features IPS decides to add/remove from their software. If it is something a lot of people want, then a hook will come. No features from any software stays the same. It is what it is. I love the fact that IPS is willing to embrace the future and is active in development.

I'm not speaking for everyone, just the ones who have posted wanting these things back.

And regarding the skin and such, I wasn't trying to make it sound like a "this or that" war, just for IPB to give us the option to set things how we want it.

Communication error then? It did sound a little like you were trying to speak for everyone. But thank you for clearing it up. Sometimes one of the draw backs about "talking" online is no one can hear your tone or see your facial expressions. So communication can indeed get mixed up. ;)

I agree with there being options. It's never a good idea to force anything onto anyone. :)

Communication error then? It did sound a little like you were trying to speak for everyone. But thank you for clearing it up. Sometimes one of the draw backs about "talking" online is no one can hear your tone or see your facial expressions. So communication can indeed get mixed up. :wink:

I agree with there being options. It's never a good idea to force anything onto anyone. :smile:

Its alright, feels like I'm getting kinda attacked here for a small typo. (I cleared that up at the beginning of page 2)
I guess I'll just edit the first post. I can't edit it... o well. I'll just have to deal with the few people who jump to conclusions.

There's so many things I don't like and after using it for a week I have given up, I will no longer be visiting here moaning about it anymore as it just frustrates and nothing is going to be done about it now it's reached beta anyway. Plus changing things now will upset all the customers that like the new clean look. And I understand alot of customers like that, which is fair enough.

I know what my visitors like though and I'm not going to risk putting alot of members off using my site, I've shown a good few of them the new software and ALL of them said the current version looks better. My website is a forum not an email client or facebook. I think you should be releasing 2 skins, considering this is still 3.x, such a big change sholdn't be forced - by all means offer a skin like this as an option but at least have an improved version of 3.1 available to with the features we are used to (those that want them anyway). I will be sticking with 3.1 until an alternative skin is released or another forum software comes up with something better than IPB 3.1, of which there isn't.

I have moaned alot since 3.2 was announced but if it wasn't for IPB software my site wouldn't have been as successful as it is today, so for that i'll always be grateful, it's always been a great product to work with and use and the support is second to none. The new version just makes me :sad: as I don't want it to be the end of an era, I wait in anticipation for an announcement about a new official skin sometime.

You mean 3.2.0 Gold?

I did mean 3.2.1.

I don't know how comfortable I'll be using 3.2.0 in a live environment with Nexus so that's why I will wait before upgrading one of my sites. I would really dislike finding out Nexus' subscription feature is buggy (as was the case for me multiple times in 3.1.x) for 3.2.0 first hand when I rely on the software in a live environment.

Don't get me wrong though , 3.2 is great. I like 99% of it.

Archived