Online/Offline Icon?

ZakRhyno

Why put the online/offline icon in the hover bubble when a person would like to see the status in a very quick look and not hover over every person that posted on the thread? Could we maybe have it back on the main posting thread and not in the hover option? Also what happen the the last online option telling where people where go to?

What effects on performance do hooks generally have? Take the one above for example, to reinstate this feature which has been moved/removed (call it whatever you want) via this hook, will there now be a negative effect on server load/page loading times for busy sites?

Yeah, I felt emulating the 3.0/3.1 behavior was best, but if some people want the indicator somewhere else, I guess they have that option now.

I knew of Micheal's hook. And yes, that is exactly the reason i released mine.

I don't really see the advantage of putting it in the User Info Pane.. I feel like it kinda detracts from the "clean" feeling that it has right now, but I guess that it just my opinion.

But has the 3.2 made it to clean in a way?

• 1 month later...

If, for some reason, you didn't want to use a hook, the data is still available in the skin too. Skinners will easily be able to add an online indicator to their skins if they believe it to be worthwhile.

May you point out where this code is located in the default skin so I can activate it without using hook? %7Boption%7D

I tried this, but it won't work because $members variable isn't on topic view template?

<if test="cardOnline:|:$members['_online']">

<span>your online stuff</span>

<else />

<span>your offline stuff</span>

</if>

Archived