Anonymous Like

Midnight Modding

This is possible with the reputation system. At least anonymous for everyone else BUT the one you repped.

IMO why would you want to "like" something anonymously, it's basically saying that you agree with them but since you're anonymously it doesn't really matter..
Now with the rep system it makes sense that it is anonymous since you're giving them higher reputation which doesn't neccessarily mean you need to say who you are but when liking it really doesn't make sense to make it anonymous.

Just my opinion. Not the end of the world if this gets included as long as there is an option to disable anonymous liking.

I do see your point.. I just don't think it's a good feature since it's quite illogical to show someone you liked it but don't show them your name..

"mmmodding, Amy T, 34 others and 10 anonymous liked this post" <- lol

Well one idea is to have some sort of user like setting that only allows friends to see what you liked. Although I think there are some that may link some thing but not want their friends to know so that would not work for them.

since it's quite illogical to show someone you liked it but don't show them your name..

What's so illogical about that? Rep and Like system are basically the same concept. If you can have anonymus reps, you can have anonymus Likes.

I do see your point.. I just don't think it's a good feature since it's quite illogical to show someone you liked it but don't show them your name..

It would surely show "mmmodding, Amy T, 44 others liked this post"

And simply not show the anonymous users.

If it was just an anonymous user then it would say

"1 member liked this post"

then "Amy T, 1 other liked this post"

etc.

To be honest, I think the anonymity between like & rep should be reversed.

I don't see the point in wanting to know the names of people that "like" a post you made, that will generally be shown in their replies. However, if somebody is going around spamming you with negative rep, it'd be nice to be able to see who it was so you could either ask them why or get it sorted with a mod if it's a troll.

What's so illogical about that? Rep and Like system are basically the same concept. If you can have anonymus reps, you can have anonymus Likes.

Because to me, liking is more personal than repping. Perhaps I'm just used to Facebook but liking something and not display your name, what's the point of liking it then? I dno, sure you get an indicator that someone agree's with you or think your post was funny or is taking your side in something but.. what's the point if you don't get to see the name of them?

Archived