do we like where forum's description is placed on ipb 3.2?

dr. Jekyll

• Management

I'd personally like to see forum description removed from view and only visible on hover of the forum name.

I really don't understand the logic in that. If you feel the title of your forum isn't descriptive enough and therefore need a forum description it stands to reason you would always want it visible. If you hide the descriptions into an on hover popup it's clearly not important enough to even type in.

I really don't understand the logic in that. If you feel the title of your forum isn't descriptive enough and therefore need a forum description it stands to reason you would always want it visible. If you hide the descriptions into an on hover popup it's clearly not important enough to even type in.

Oh yeah, I understand that - but for users who are regular to your community, you see the same thing over and over on the board index. Keeping them hidden unless they are wanted seems like a good compromise in my opinion.

Still, maybe not the perfect solution for the default skin. Just my $0.02.

The same login I can't find in remove topic description... The reason is the same!

Oh yeah, I understand that - but for users who are regular to your community, you see the same thing over and over on the board index. Keeping them hidden unless they are wanted seems like a good compromise in my opinion.

Still, maybe not the perfect solution for the default skin. Just my $0.02.

One could put it on top of the forums in forum-view too. Then it's not on the main index, so it doesn't bother regular users, but it's there for newbies.

The same login I can't find in remove topic description... The reason is the same!

No... did you forgt? It's bloat, noone needs it :sad:

I need. Anyway, anyone won't make IPS change it, so let it be! :D

That was cynism ;) I know... you and I, we both need it. I'll add it back with a hook and probably not upgrade for a looooooooooooooooooooooong while then :)

Disagree, both equally important. Don't give them more ideas to remove stuff. :no:

Which is why the topic description is still in the database, so someone can add a simple hook to show it.

The one item that I used to dislike about using a VB forum as a user, was that 99% of them looked identical.

At least with IPB you have a choice and a good array of hooks and skins.

What I like is fine for me and what you like is fine for you or someone else - what matters is the core behind the product - if IPS get that wrong then we are all screwed.

Archived