Documentation Improvments for IP 3.2.X?

ZakRhyno

1. Will the documentation be improve to reflect the current them of the new board as in layout and presentation?
2. Will updated documentation information be release when the new board goes live and not months waiting for it to be updated, cause you need it with the release?
3. Will the updated documentation be easier to understand that a tech terms, as in graphics to explain more of what the documentation is talking about. If there are videos added to give a more detail information it not be so plan as nobody talks in them to explain what happening?
4. Will updated documentation be added for other such products as Gallery, Blogs, IP.Content when they get updated in the same way?
5. If nothing here has been said yet, what improvements are plan for them (documentation that is ) and will there be feedback on some examples to give better improvements then just release and have to wait 10 months before anything is updated or fix?

Also the Help in IP.Board need a complete rework, there are already for 3.1.x tons of "bugs" in the Helpfiles (i reported a lot of "bugs" in the first internal 3.2 release forum).

And maybe there is time for a rework on the Help-Layout (e.g. like the new TABs in 3.2).

• 2 weeks later...

1. Will the documentation be improve to reflect the current them of the new board as in layout and presentation?

2. Will updated documentation information be release when the new board goes live and not months waiting for it to be updated, cause you need it with the release?

3. Will the updated documentation be easier to understand that a tech terms, as in graphics to explain more of what the documentation is talking about. If there are videos added to give a more detail information it not be so plan as nobody talks in them to explain what happening?

4. Will updated documentation be added for other such products as Gallery, Blogs, IP.Content when they get updated in the same way?

5. If nothing here has been said yet, what improvements are plan for them (documentation that is ) and will there be feedback on some examples to give better improvements then just release and have to wait 10 months before anything is updated or fix?

1. Yes, it is being re-written for 3.2. We will also be closely listening to feedback on articles and adjusting them based on what you think.
2. Yes, the board will be ready, as will the apps. Developer documentation may be slightly delayed, pending input from developers.
3. I've read this feedback frequently, and so the answer is yes, I am including far more screenshots and graphics in the documentation.
4. Yes.
5. The bottom of each article contains a link to provide feedback on the article, which I will be monitoring daily and making improvements as suggested. :)

1. Yes, it is being re-written for 3.2. We will also be closely listening to feedback on articles and adjusting them based on what you think.

2. Yes, the board will be ready, as will the apps. Developer documentation may be slightly delayed, pending input from developers.

3. I've read this feedback frequently, and so the answer is yes, I am including far more screenshots and graphics in the documentation.

4. Yes.

5. The bottom of each article contains a link to provide feedback on the article, which I will be monitoring daily and making improvements as suggested. :smile:

Excellent :)

Archived