What do you like most about 3.2.0

ShadyX

What is the feature you like most about the new 3.2.0?

If i had to pick one thing i liked the most about it, i would pick the way it has got more interactive as a whole with the forums responding to pretty much every move i make with my mouse. Deffo a huge improvement from static forms and links. love it.

- Random 'follow' options, especially the public display of watchers.
- Ignoring individual or all signatures. A unique feature many would likely appreciate.
- Liking posts.
- The subtle postcontrol buttons (displaying them clearly only after hovering the post). Keeps the content in focus, and distractions away.
- 'Avatar' display on forum and topic indexes.
- ...and while at it, the notification of new replies while you're posting.
- By far, the option to display either of your pictures as the global photo instead of random dicerolling avatars next to posts in the regular theme and exclusively use photos absolutely everywhere else (even in the mobile theme).

speed
hiding signatures
hiding users
design
IPB likes
no reply page
etc......

Just about the only item I miss (or will miss) is the one click icon for posting media - my members will never find it in a sub-menu / popup.

Just about the only item I miss (or will miss) is the one click icon for posting media - my members will never find it in a sub-menu / popup.

It's worth noting that you can simply paste a media URL into a post and IPB will automatically turn it into rich media (i.e. it will wrap the media in the bbcode tags for you), just the same as if you paste a standard URL into a post IPB will turn it into a clickable URL.

(And before anyone asks, yes there is an on/off setting for that functionality)

It's worth noting that you can simply paste a media URL into a post and IPB will automatically turn it into rich media (i.e. it will wrap the media in the bbcode tags for you), just the same as if you paste a standard URL into a post IPB will turn it into a clickable URL.

(And before anyone asks, yes there is an on/off setting for that functionality)

indeed - but without altering the bbcode it will not post any links with anything on the end such as http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UtxP47TYSo&feature=aso or youtu.be urls

What I like...

• The new profile layout
  • The whole new index page simplicity
  • Faster-loading pages
  • New user drop-down menu and the member bar at the very top with the icon notifications
  • Avatars show on index when we make a post
  • Less unnecessary buttons and links
  • They dropped the personal image and stayed with just avatars. The personal images were really useless

What I still don't like...

• The plain and boring-looking Calendar
  • The Member page where the alphabet list is on the left side going down making us scroll down, instead of keeping it at the top running across the page for easier access
  • The somewhat cluttered sub-forums on the index page. Maybe if they weren't so bold, it would look less cluttered?
  • The search bar at the top-right. They placed it right smack in the middle of the header. Many people complain that it interferes with custom headers they add by blocking most of its graphics. If the Search bar was moved somewhere next to the member bar at the very top, it would look much better and won't be in the way of custom headers that go all the way across

The search bar at the top-right. They placed it right smack in the middle of the header. Many people complain that it interferes with custom headers they add by blocking most of its graphics. If the Search bar was moved somewhere next to the member bar at the very top, it would look much better and won't be in the way of custom headers that go all the way across

Agreed. That is prime real estate up there! I'm sure most of us would prefer to use it for logos and advertisements. Perhaps IPS can find a way to put 'Search' and 'View New Content' on a new line underneath the tabs not unlike how Xenforo does it. Or they can make 'View New Content' less wordy and put 'Search' next to it on the same line with the tabs. I'm not sure I would like 'Search' up in the black bar, though, as that is too far removed for such an important feature.

Agreed. That is prime real estate up there! I'm sure most of us would prefer to use it for logos and advertisements. Perhaps IPS can find a way to put 'Search' and 'View New Content' on a new line underneath the tabs not unlike how Xenforo does it. Or they can make 'View New Content' less wordy and put 'Search' next to it on the same line with the tabs. I'm not sure I would like 'Search' up in the black bar, though, as that is too far removed for such an important feature.

Your idea works too. :twitch: It don't really matter to me where they put it, just as long as it's not right smack in the middle of the header. The whole header space should be left alone for our logos and advertisements. It just doesn't look attractive where they have it now. Many of us have logos that span across the top with important graphics that need to be seen and having that search bar there totally interferes and blocks most of our logos and graphics. I mean, not everyone has a small logo like IPS does, so maybe they should consider that as well.

I would have to agree with you on this too Ian. My members as well as I use the Media button a lot. Shame they had to replace it with another button that I know nothing about and even confuses me, meaning the 'My Media' button. They should have just left the 'Media' button alone and added the 'My Media' button to the drop-down menu instead IMO.

Archived