Download: List 1805 Badwords

Mix85

$20? Are you having a laugh?! The marketplace has definitely had the knock-on effect of making people greedy.

I Keep saying that but some people find me rude but i don't care people getting greedy and that's fact.

Example of this file for $20 is just to show you how bad things getting around here.

I Keep saying that but some people find me rude but i don't care people getting greedy and that's fact.

Example of this file for $20 is just to show you how bad things getting around here.

I'd normally have to disagree with you. I generally believe people should charge decent $ for their work as well as renewals (if the mod is well maintained and updated.) In this specific case, the above mod is a bit ridiculous since IPB already has one for free that covers most words that we'd want to block and you can google and easily come up with a list of 2000-3000 bad words in less than 5 minutes. Converting to the xml schema takes 3 seconds.......

Please try and use this topic (or any other support topic) just as a means of support/feedback on this product, not a general "people charge too much!" soapbox post about commercial products in the Marketplace. If something is too much for your tastes, don't buy it, others may not feel the same.

Yes, it is true. A cache is created that contains all of your site's badwords, and then anytime you have to do something that checks to see if someone is using one of these words it has to load that entire cache. This happens when doing things like posting posts/topics, sending personal messages, etc.

You might want to check the Cache Management page in your Admin CP, and look at the badwords cache. It will list the size of the cache there on the page, that's how much memory is going to be needed to load that cache each time it's necessary. There's no strict rule about what you should keep that size down to, as that's going to depend on a multitude of factors, but generally speaking having a ton of badwords is going to cause areas that use them to be more resource intensive.

• 1 year later...

Archived