File Submitted: 10 May 2011
File Updated: 02 Dec 2011
File Category: Applications

** Over 25000 forums installed! **

%7Boption%7D
TipB 5 Stars Review: http://www.tipb.com/...one-app-review/

YouTube Video:

What is Tapatalk?

Tapatalk is a IPBoard MOD that allows your users to browse your forum using a native mobile application.
Tapatalk supports iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, webOS and Windows Phone 7.
It provides super-fast access to your forum and allows your members to participate more in your forum while on the go.

Why Tapatalk?

• Only one MOD installation to support all mobile devices including iPhone, Android, WebOS, Windows Phone 7 and BlackBerry.
  • Forum API - build your own app or server-side integration with well-documented Tapatalk API, enjoy quality forum app from third-party developers, beyond what Tapatalk internal team can offer.
  • Well-tested. This MOD has been installed in over 25000 forums, including some of the very large forums with 2 million members with over 10,000 online users. This app is designed to scale
  • Tapatalk allows you to put your sponsored banner into the app so you don't lose potential revenue **NEW**

Installation Instruction:
  • Place the zip package at the root of your forum system.
  • Unzip the package. You should see a directory called "mobiquo" inside your forum system root directory. For example, if your forum URL is http://www.mysite.com/forum, it should be placed at http://www.mysite.com/forum/mobiquo/.
  • Login to Administration Control Panel
  • Choose "Manage Skin Sets and Templates" section under the "Look and Feel" tab
  • Select the Skin that your forum is currently using
  • Select "boardIndexTemplate" under "Board Index"
  • Scroll down to the end of the template, add the following line, and then save the template:
  • <script type="text/javascript" src="mobiquo/tapatalkdetect.js"></script>

• Visit and Login to http://tapatalk.com/plugin.php to add your forum to the network so your users can access it from the mobile app

Screenshots:

Showing New and Unread Thread with Avatar and Number of reply:

%7Boption%7D

Images are thread are converted to thumbnail and allow full-screen viewing

%7Boption%7D

Ability to see Who's Online and what they are doing:

%7Boption%7D

Ability to search by topics and posts:

%7Boption%7D

Ability to upload images directly from Android and iPhone!:

%7Boption%7D

Click here to download this file
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Tapatalk is free to the site owner, the users buy the app from the market or app store. there is no default webpage, it's an app, when you open it you have settings and options to choose from, Search, browse, favorites etc.

I would go to their site for more info.

@buskopan: so is your website or community paying to use tapatalk?

Not all of them. Just the ones who using the mobile phone for access. And there was a free versions as well.

It is not that much expensive. But much more better than IPB mobile skin.

Check their website for more details.

Just installed it on my forum and downloaded it for Android. Installed on Android but when I press search or browse I just get a black screen saying "receiving form server" then "Directory is currently unavailable Please try later"

have you inserted necessary code in forum templates? try to write to their support.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just downloaded the latest version of this from here as my boards were updated to the latest version yesterday, but when I try to login using my iphone I get the following message:
System Message: You must complete both fields

I have entered my user name and password and just keep getting that message. Is anyone else having this problem? I also have latest version on phone.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived