3.2 notification settings

optrexnz

I notice in the recent blog for following content that there is mention of new settings to the user notifications.

I would like to see the ability for administrators to be able to set a default level of notifications for all users, who can then change them as required.

This setting should have the ability to either affect all current users or all new users, as required by the admin.

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately using the ACP, Members, Notification Defaults, you still can't set the 'Watch every topic I reply to' setting. Users need to manually go their settings, navigate through options to set this to true. The default value is 'false'. This negatively impacts the traffic to the website as members forget about their own posts and are not reminded to come back. Can this be addressed?

t

ACP > Settings > User Profiles > Default subscription method on registration

You can use this option to determine whether newly registered users should be automatically subscribed to every topic they reply to or start by default, and the subscription method to use. The user can change their preference in their User Control Panel after registration.

• 2 years later...

I just imported/converted a vB 4 forum to IPB 3.4.5 with a little over 6,000 members. Converted extremely easily and quite painlessly, but I was bummed to see that the member notification preference for "auto follow topics I reply to" with an immediate email did not carry over. This was a default setting in the vB forum, so essentially every member had this turned on, but now it is off following the migration. The members rely on this function heavily.

Anyone have a suggestion for an SQL query that I could run to perform a "one-time time turn everyone's auto follow topics I reply to" back on? It sure would help me out a lot. :)

Thanks,

Kellen

Archived