192 posts in this topic

(M34) Form Manager

Setup multiple forms with the ability for pm, email or topic alerts when new form submissions are made. Also included is the ability to add custom fields for each form. The Form Manager is the latest update and progression of the Contact application, full details and a faq on this update can be found here. The Contact System is still offered as an extra version download.

Click here to read my IPS Marketplace purchase guide before purchasing. View the IP.Board 4 version here.

Keep up to date with DevFuse mod development and releases.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Feature List:

• Optional confirmation email to let members know there message was received.
  • Per form option to add attachments. Including options based at member group level.
  • Send reply emails within the Form Manager
  • Quick preview feature for form logs.
  • Per form option for rules or instructions for each form.
  • Submit time wait feature, set how long each member group must wait before resubmitting a form.
  • Per form permissions for who can view and submit to a form. And also who can view any form logs.
  • Per member group option to bypass captcha.
  • Per form option to send out personal messages when new form submissions are made.
  • Per form option to send out emails when new form submissions are made.
  • Per form option to create a forum topic when new form submissions are made.

Custom Fields:
Allows you to quickly and effortlessly add custom fields to the contact system without the need to edit source code. Supported field types include:Text Input, Dropdown Box, Multi-Select Dropdown, Radio Buttons, Check Boxes, Text Area, Password and RTE Editor

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    04/12/2011
  • Category
  • Discussion URL
    http://www.devfuse.com/products/63-form-manager/
  • Support Info
    <p><a rel="external nofollow" href="http://www.devfuse.com/forums/tutorials/article/112-devfuse-support-options/">http://www.devfuse.com/forums/tutorials/article/112-devfuse-support-options/</a></p>
  • Supported Versions
    0,IP.Board 3.3.x,IP.Board 3.4.x

I'm using this app since last year it's great you can check his site here for details on the upgrades >>>> [url="http://www.devfuse.com/forums/topic/6493-ipboard-320-upgrade-status/"]http://www.devfuse.com/forums/topic/6493-ipboard-320-upgrade-status/[/url]

Cheers, thanks for that.

Just to update those looking for the IPB 3.2 version. I'll be updating the marketplace listing with this new version during the next several days. I'll be uploading as a new version, so you'll be able to download IPB 3.2 or the previous IPB 3.1 version if you wish. (Going forward as IPS phase out IPB 3.1.x, I'll be doing the same.) So those who still have an active subscription in the marketplace will get this IPB 3.2 upgrade for free.

Hi Michael,

I have now bought this thanks.

I have got it installed and working but my main issue is that the data for the custom fields is not arriving in the emails. For example I have created an optional text field for people to enter their membership number, but in the email the custom fields are listed okay, but everyone has 'not available' in the field value. I have tried this with text fields, text areas and checkboxes.

Also, can you tell me where I can adjust the template or css please. I'd quite like to change the background colour for the leading text and ease a bit of space between the custom fields.

Cheers

Edward

The top color your referring to, is a default IPB style. Changing the css properties of this would change it throughout your forum, if that's fine let me know. Alternatively I can give you instructions to use a different style for the box? Everything on the front page can be changed in Admin CP > Look & Feel Tab > select skin > skin_contact > main. You'll need a little bit of html/css knowledge but if you need help let me know.

The custom fields issue is more serious, if you can view the ips marketplace purchase guide on how to setup a customer account on my site and then submit a support ticket. I have had a few reports of problems with new installs but can't reproduce this on my end. I will most likely need access to your site.

Thanks Michael, now I know the file I can fiddle with the colour and stuff myself.

I'll register and PM on your site for the other issue. I did get your support email, but it came through after I had posted this so I thought I'd just let you pick this up first before starting another thread.

cheers.

Styling and spacing are sorted thanks. I will think about swapping the class='message' for something like 'ipsType_textblock' just to fit in with other stuff that I have; and have added a <p> </p> at the end of the custom field loop. Not very elegant but it works fine.

Styling and spacing are sorted thanks. I will think about swapping the class='message' for something like 'ipsType_textblock' just to fit in with other stuff that I have; and have added a <p> </p> at the end of the custom field loop. Not very elegant but it works fine.

The message box is pretty universal in most apps but I will work on on the custom fields spacing. It could be your field types but it does look notable in your screenshot.

The app is great, but the renewal fee is what keeps me from pulling the trigger... just some honest feedback. [img]

[/img]

Renewal is not required to continue to use the mod. But I do understand what you mean, I've had people who like and dislike the renewals. I have many active subscriptions though so this is not something I can change easily. Keep in mind when an upgrade like IPB 2.3 > 3 or 3.1 > 3.2 comes, if your subscription is active you'll get that upgrade for free.
Rhett and JahLion like this

Thanks Michael, now I know the file I can fiddle with the colour and stuff myself.

I'll register and PM on your site for the other issue. I did get your support email, but it came through after I had posted this so I thought I'd just let you pick this up first before starting another thread.

cheers.

Just to confirm that this is now sorted so thanks to Mike John for the swift response.

Hopefully less of a stupid question, but is it possible to link to the contact form and pre-load one of the subjects?

e.g. .../community/contact/index.php?=mytopic or such like.

Thanks

Sorry Edward, I bookmarked your question but must of lust it. You can preload subject with the subject id, e.g. app=contact&subject=# Replacing # with the id of the subject.

I've updated the file with a new bug fixing update for the Contact System. This fix primarily fixes several previous and new bugs introduced from IPB 3.2.x.

Small Changes:

• Support for secondary group for subject permissions.
  • Introduction of new editor with auto save ability.

Two quick suggestions please:

1) would it be possible to add a field to set custom description text for each subject, so that when you select a subject you can add a quick description of what the subject should be used for (some of ours will be slightly less than obvious) as well as to whom the form will go?

2) It would be fab to be able to define custom field groups, for example to quickly add an address block with 5-6 appropriate fields and a header.

Thanks

Thanks, saved both for future review. Regarding the first one I was actually thinking about this yesterday, any ideas of how you'd like to see it display? e.g. popup, text appears next to subject and changes when ever subject is changed etc..

I think my preference would be a text field between the subject box and the custom filed boxes. it might want to be designed for a reasonable amount of text so that if, for example, someone selected 'technical support' it might say, try this, this and this first; and read this help section etc.

Hi Mike,

I was wondering if you have any plans to add the option to use the question and answer system rather than the captcha system. I find that I get inundated with spam when I turn captcha off, but when I leave it on, I get people complaining they have trouble contacting me.

Thanks

Clancy

That would be fantastic. I have to renew but I wanted to know if this was going to be included at some stage.

Clancy