Andy Millne

Classifieds

936 posts in this topic

File Name: Classifieds

File Submitter: AndyMillne

File Submitted: 06 Mar 2011

File Category: Commerce

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.4.x

Classifieds enables your members to list items for sale directly within your community. Free your forums from the clutter of messy for sale and wanted topics. With IP.Nexus integration, benefit from yet another way to monetize your community.

• Admin configurable categories.
  • Adverts auto-expire according to their package duration.
  • Give your members the opportunity to re-list their items for free or at a reduced rate.
  • Built in support for category custom fields allowing you to tailor Classifieds to your niche.
  • Customiseable Latest Ads sidebar hook to give adverts maximum exposure.
  • Fully customiseable advert types (For Sale, Wanted, Exchange etc.) *New
  • Featured adverts *New

Tightly Woven into IP.Board's Core Features

Built in support for (but not limited to);
  • Notifications
  • Item Marking
  • Search/View new content
  • Report Center
  • Friendly URLs for best SEO
  • Mobile Skin
  • RSS Export
  • Shared Media *New
  • IP.Content Feed Block Support *New
  • Classifieds specific content in user profiles *New

Nexus Integration

Add multiple packages and charge for your listings at varying price points to suit your users. Listing packages allow you to choose whether or not specific member groups should need to pay to advertise and also whether adverts will be billed at a flat rate or according to the value of the item being sold.

Support

Support is renewable for only $10 on a six-monthly basis. With active support you will have continued access to product upgrades and support. If you choose not to renew, Classifieds will continue to function and you can renew at any time without penalty to regain access.

Since the popularity of this application has increased, support is now available via PM to make sure no issues are missed. Please feel free to PM me at any time with any issues or queries you may have.

here to download this file

Noni likes this

Hi Andy,

I had previously asked if the Classifieds could sort by country or set geographic location. You had responded that this was not a feature you had included yet but might consider in the future. Have you added this to the features yet? Really, it is a sorting feature.

Thanks,

Brian

Graeme S. and Julio_Moraga like this

Question about charging fees for listing.

Can you have it set so that regular registered members have to pay to list an item, yet a different group of members, say premier, can list for free.

Also, is the reputation based on their selling experience, or is it simply a compilation of the +/- from their posts?

thanks.

Pretty cool! Is this an official product, or more like the links directory? Either way, I LIKE IT!

How much work is it to make this work with sphinx? Also is there a demo anywhere?

Good point - we use Sphinx, so guess we cannot use this at the moment as it will not give any results on search.

Demo: http://dev.millne.com/community/index.php?app=classifieds - assume it is the latest version, but the description says SEO and the demo does not use it, so not 100%.

Pretty cool! Is this an official product, or more like the links directory? Either way, I LIKE IT!

Official products start with IP.x - this is an application like Tutotials, Shoutbox, Links etc. Not supported by IPS, but written, sold & supported by a member who just happens to work for IPS.

minor problem here :

i translated the mod but there's a part that can't be translated, its not in the language bits

so i wanted to translate it in the template but... this is what i found :

{parse time_until="$item['date_expiry']"}
this contains "x Days" so i cant change the "Days"

any ideas ?

I had previously asked if the Classifieds could sort by country or set geographic location. You had responded that this was not a feature you had included yet but might consider in the future. Have you added this to the features yet? Really, it is a sorting feature.

Hello Brian, sorting by geographic location is not currently included. I do plan to add sorting and filtering based on all custom fields in the next major release, however.

Can you have it set so that regular registered members have to pay to list an item, yet a different group of members, say premier, can list for free.

Not at the moment, but that is a great feature suggestion, thanks.

How much work is it to make this work with sphinx? Also is there a demo anywhere?

support for sphinx can be added relatively easily. I will add that to my to-do list.

The product is not an official one but is fully supported.

Demo: [url="http://dev.millne.com/community/index.php?app=classifieds"]http://dev.millne.co...app=classifieds[/url] - assume it is the latest version, but the description says SEO and the demo does not use it, so not 100%.

The categories in the demo were set up after I added the SEO features. Thank you for pointing that out, I will make sure the demo is updated.

minor problem here :

i translated the mod but there's a part that can't be translated, its not in the language bits

so i wanted to translate it in the template but... this is what i found :

{parse time_until="$item['date_expiry']"}

this contains "x Days" so i cant change the "Days"

any ideas ?

Are you using the latest release available from the Marketplace? This was reported in an earlier version and has been fixed.

my acp says it's up to date, version 1.0.0 alpha5

feature request: display all classifieds, whatever their category is
i guess it can be done in templates with a foreach, but im not too comfortable with templating yet :}

my acp says it's up to date, version 1.0.0 alpha5

Alpha 5 is a pre-release test version. 1.0.0 Final is available from

Thank you for the feature suggestion, it wouldn't be possible with template changes but I will consider adding it to a future version.

it says buy now... wth ?

edit: oh i got it, it wasnt a paid app before :P

$35 is a bit much tho :X
ill consider buying it if the feature i asked is done

acp / my applications / classifieds / settings / currency symbol ;)

You may also need to set the locale on the same settings page. for the UK "en_GB" and "en_GB.utf8" are common values.

Andy,
I already asked on your forum but what is the proper way to upgrade from beta2 to Final, what is the upgrade path? My install is showing "Upgrade available" but clicking on that just takes you to the "Apache Server" parent directory and then login to the ACP?
Thanks

Andy,
Something that would help a lot is to add a "Location" column to the category view page so anyone looking at that page can quickly see what state or area the item is for sale in rather than having to click on each and every ad? This of course is if the admin has installed a custom profile field called Location.
Thanks

a member living somewhere doesn't mean the item he sells is at the same location (eg. a car, a house, a boat...)

if location is implemented in a future released, i think it should be filled when creating the classified

what you can do now : add a custom classified field, and modify the category list template so it appears there

what you can do now : add a custom classified field, and modify the category list template so it appears there

Would love to know how to do this as I have a custom field called Location, how would I get it to show in the category view page? Any help would be appreciated as I have been trying to do exactly that :thumbsup:

I know how to add the header that says "Location" just added a field in the language pack cfds_location so that was easy but can't seem to get the location info to show. Firebug is showing two id's custom_1 and gtbfield="509"

Andy,
Have members reporting an error when trying to edit their ad, I have 0 in the time limit for editing and here is the reported error -- [#10911] Too much time has elapsed for you to edit this item. I also verified this with a test user login? I as the admin can edit everything ok.

Update: changed the 0 to 108000 (75 days) and it now works as my ads are set to expire in 60 days.But should still be working with the 0 ??

Update: changed the 0 to 108000 (75 days) and it now works as my ads are set to expire in 60 days.But should still be working with the 0 ??

Yes it should still be working with 0. Please could you add that to the tracker?

Yes it should still be working with 0. Please could you add that to the tracker?

Done Andy :thumbsup:

Andy,
I also noticed there is nothing in the templates for mobile phones, is this in the works? :whistle:
Thanks

I don't mind the $35 at all, BUT the bi-yearly $10 is a bit too rich for me :( Actually, I'm pretty bummed about the bi-yearly to be honest :(

Bi-yearly is every 2 years - so $5 a year is not bad at all and very reasonable. ;) (although I suspect Andy does not mean every two years)

In any event it will probably need updating for 3.2 so $10 each period is not bad. After all to my knowledge there is nothing saying you have to renew, just like IPS products.