IPB 3.2 signature-pics?!

Ikadon

Hello everyone,

one thing my users missed the most was an easy way to upload a picture to their signatures. They way through other uploadsites is quite a bit messy and unnecessarily complicated. Now that you got rid of the avatars and streamlined the process maybe you could add an easier way to get images into ones signatures?

Something along other forumsoftware would be great where you can simply upload pictures like you do with avatars/photos.

Thanks for your attention.

Kindest regards,
Ikadon

I actually like that idea quite a bit. Since there has been no upload option for signatures people have to load remote images. If you had the option to disable remote images in signatures and had an upload feature where you could specify how many images can be uploaded and at what dimensions an admin could more easily restrict the size of a signature. (If remote images are allowed perhaps you could count them as images and set the css property max-height to each image. All the modern browsers support this).

There needs to be signature specific limits like the following and it would be perfect imo

Signature images under settings

Allow remote images YES NO
Number of total images __
Allow BB Code __
Allow Smilie Images YES NO
Max allowed size _ _ _ X _ _ _
Total number of lines allowed __

this would be perfect imo

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

one thing my users missed the most was an easy way to upload a picture to their signatures. They way through other uploadsites is quite a bit messy and unnecessarily complicated. Now that you got rid of the avatars and streamlined the process maybe you could add an easier way to get images into ones signatures?

Something along other forumsoftware would be great where you can simply upload pictures like you do with avatars/photos.

Thanks for your attention.

Kindest regards,

Ikadon

Would be nice!

Could you please point out where this is, would love to limit signature image sizes. Thanks!

Group setting.

Signatures
Disable members of this group from editing their signatures?
Yes/No until (approved posts)
Enter 0 or leave blank in second field to not limit by days/posts
Maximum number of images users in this group can add to their signature
Maximum dimensions of images users in this group can use in their signature Max Width (px): Max Height (px):
Maximum number of urls users in this group can add to their signature
Maximum number of lines users in this group can use in their signature

• 1 month later...

Would be nice!

Group setting.

Signatures

Maximum dimensions of images users in this group can use in their signature Max Width (px): Max Height (px):

I have to say yes IPB needs a signature upload feature. I'm surprised it doesn't have one already.

Group setting.

Signatures

That doesn't limit the size of signature. There is no option where it actually says, don't allow any signature bigger then 100Kb.

Imagine users using 4Mb signature.

The my media feature would let you use files you have already uploaded in your signature, but does not provide an upload option for the signature field itself.

Hmmm then it seems this would be a good feature. Its important to have an signature upload option and more control as others have mentioned.

Hmmm then it seems this would be a good feature. Its important to have an signature upload option and more control as others have mentioned.

I agree. I mean it's not that hard to upload a signature with the new media-button but I guess many people won't understand how to get it into their signatures after upload.

• 4 weeks later...

Out of all the vB forums I've been on, I only recall one that used it.

I use this feature on EVERY vb site I have personally as well as EVERY customer as well....

It's quite the opposite with me :)

I agree, it's one of the features vb has done right.

Archived