3.2 - I love you IP!

Derek M.

Really, I do! I mean, I come back after some time and am welcomed with preview posts (in the blog) and wow... Lots of awesome improvements! I nearly felt the need to cry in joy, as a UI developer part of me has seen the usability (semi-minor) faults of the current IPB but am now being fixed with 3.2. And I mean, the live topic feature? Wow, didn't even think of that ever happening. It's basically showing even more devotion to the user experience, and I love it!

"We're also taking full advantage of modern techniques to ensure that IP.Board has more of an application feel by eliminating page reloads and using rich web technologies."

Best thing ever. Seriously, thank you for all your hard work so far on IPB 3.2! It makes me even more excited for my site project :) and continue my enthusiasm to work on it.

One suggestion that I'm not sure if it is coming out or not (due to all these teasers), can you make the reply buttons on a post, pop down a reply field under the post when pressed? While I know vB4 does it, I'm not using that as a reason. The reason instead is a user experience one, and a UI designer's view of the goal of the software. That is to encourage and help contribution of other members, and this would helping by removing the requirement of scrolling to the bottom or loading a new page (unless they want more features of course) to reply.

Just wanna see community and especially communication being focused on. The current 3.2 improvements are right in that direction, excited to see what's next!

Again, thank you for all the hard work IP team, you guys deserve a celebration ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Seeing the latest blog post (and other posts of course) I must say, you're going in the right direction IPB! Great to see software makers innovate their product more and put user experience on top. While functionality and specs are important, as Apple has shown, user experience is what makes or breaks it in the long run. For forum software, the best thing is to keep focus on conversations, while the extra features are exactly that, "extra". To enhance the experience if the user chooses to, but not hinder normal use.

Keep it up :)

Archived