Post Reply Notification Emails

MartinR

This must have been mentioned as a feature request before, but I can't find anything like this after a search.

Individual members have an option in their control panel as follows:

Watch every topic I reply to

It would be great if there was an option in our ACP to default this to YES for all members.

I know that we can set a usergroup to receive emails of new topics, but that's not what I am after. I am looking for a simple way that we can send emails to members notifying them of new replies on topics they've contributed to. In a perfect world, we'd also be able to set the default notification type, too.

This must have been mentioned as a feature request before, but I can't find anything like this after a search.

It would be great if there was an option in our ACP to default this to YES for all members.

I know that we can set a usergroup to receive emails of new topics, but that's not what I am after. I am looking for a simple way that we can send emails to members notifying them of new replies on topics they've contributed to. In a perfect world, we'd also be able to set the default notification type, too.

You can. :P Admin CP > Members > Notification Default

Not sure what you're referring to here - I don't see any such option. What version are you on?

You're not mistaking my feature request with the option to subscribe members to new topics are you? That's not what I am looking for - as stated in my opening post.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with MartinR, this would be a good feature.

I'm on 3.1.4, and I can't find this anywhere. Yes, you can set some notification modes (i.e. e-mail, pms, etc.) for various types of additions to content, but as near as I can tell you cannot set a global default to "yes" to automatically subscribe members to replied-to topics or set the default notification type.

• 1 month later...

Well I had little doubt about Notification default CP.

When I change the default notification does that mean the setting changes for all the old member irrespective of they ever set notification or not ?

I migrated board from VB recently, after one week I configured the default notification but I am not sure if it has been applied to all the members who have not configured it explicitly.

When I change the default notification does that mean the setting changes for all the old member irrespective of they ever set notification or not ?

I migrated board from VB recently, after one week I configured the default notification but I am not sure if it has been applied to all the members who have not configured it explicitly.

Most changes to default values are NOT retroactive. Might even be for all of these.

Archived