Spam Monitoring Service - API Key issue

All Cars Online

Hi all.

I've just renewed my licence and went to activate the API Key for the Spam Monitoring Service but came across an issue.
I logged into my client area and it says the spam service is active but i'm unable to obtain the key to put into the Admin CP.

How can I obtain the spam key as I'm getting attacked by spam bots :(

Any help/advice will be much appreciated :)

I'm seeing the same (or at least a similar) problem which is that my client area seemingly says nothing about generating an API key. My licence is up to date so it's not that; it's just that the instruction to "Find the section titled Create an IPS Spam Service key" seems to be more of a challenge than I'd expected. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place.

A special API key for the apam service is no longer used, it is all tied to your license key now. Go to ACP -> License Key (Sub-menu of System Settings), and enter your license key.

That makes more sense; I guess I don't need to do anything else, then...

Thanks. :)

Prior to IP.Board 3.1 a separate license key was required for the spam service.

Beginning with IP.Board 3.1, when you enter your IP.Board license key in the ACP it unlocks all of the additional features that come with your license (including the spam service, and IP.Chat access). If you are using 3.1, just enter your IP.Board license key, and then enable the spam service in the settings area.

• 3 weeks later...

Pleas update your site http://www.invisionpower.com/products/spammonitor/

The information is missguiding.

Spam monitor is easy to use and a good feat. But the info on your site is hard to understand :)

Thx

/A

That info is just an overview on how it works, it's not meant to be something that explains how to use it. Was there some specific part of that page that made this overview hard to understand?

Archived