IPB 3.1.5 ever coming?

Maxxius

Yes, the raw number of bugs is unimportant - the bugs that are being fixed are largely issues that are fringe case and you won't encounter on a day to day basis. Of course we still want to fix them (as you can see), but we don't plan to release a 3.1.5 just to get those fixes out there when so few customers actually encounter such issues. :)

I try to post easy fixes in the tracker, but this of course isn't always possible.

Thanks for letting me know. :) Really, thank you! Now I can start working more seriously on 3.1.4.

Who know?

Maybe we will see 3.2 in February...?

[img]

[/img]

And you're not an active customers, you will can't get it however lol

Perhaps that's why I dont renew it? If there would be something to renew for - I would. Just not now. Now's not the time yet.

Waiting several months for view new content bug it's a nightmare... My users will kill me. :(

The problem is, fixing bugs with VNC are going to require drastic changes to many core files, and aren't something we would want to point in a minor point release anyways. If we were forced to release a 3.1.5 for some reason, it would not have VNC fixes most likely.

We fully intend to resolve watched topic/VNC bugs with 3.2, but as I said, this is going to require some big changes and wouldn't be appropriate for a patch release.

That's understandable, and we're going to fix it. But, again, it's not some minor patch that we can easily distribute within the current version. Many things will need to be rewritten and/or updated, so it will wait until 3.2.

At this point in time we do not have any plans to release a 3.1.5. If that changes we'll be sure to let everyone know.

That's understandable, and we're going to fix it. But, again, it's not some minor patch that we can easily distribute within the current version. Many things will need to be rewritten and/or updated, so it will wait until 3.2.

At this point in time we do not have any plans to release a 3.1.5. If that changes we'll be sure to let everyone know.

So basically, we have to live with a major function of the software not functioning as intended, hurting our traffic for many months (as stated in your 3.2 development announcement)? It really is a major feature that most users utilize.

It's costing me revenue, yet I'm going to have to keep paying for support to get the fix to something that used to work properly.

So basically, we have to live with a major function of the software not functioning as intended, hurting our traffic for many months (as stated in your 3.2 development announcement)? It really is a major feature that most users utilize.

It's costing me revenue, yet I'm going to have to keep paying for support to get the fix to something that used to work properly.

this whole wait till the next release approach is getting to be very frustrating

how long 3-6 months ? maybe longer

then what , all dev shifts to gallery etc and then another wait

I could understand it maybe for one major landmark release but reading this and realising that have to face yet another year of this frustrating cycle doesnt really fill me with joy

• Management

I'm fairly sure every software vendor in the history of ever has put fixes in future releases. Is that not the point of releases? I'm not sure how else, as a software vendor, one expects us to address things :ermm:

As was said, the issue at hand is one of core improvement and will take a larger release to address. We don't plan on a 3.1.5 and 3.2 is certainly not a year out.

I'm pretty sure that most software developers, if they break an existing piece of code that effects a major piece of software functionality, go back and fix their mistake.

Unless you're Microsoft and IP 3.5.1 is your Vista.

Nonsense. I use several high priced 3D software applications. Yes they do put out some bug fixes but some major bugs don't fixed until the next version because either the bug is significant and requires a major code rewrite or it's been fixed and the next version isn't that far away. There is a third option and that's where the bug doesn't get fixed. It gets put in the "Too hard basket".

I think considering what IPS charge for support what you get is a lot better than what companies that charge an awful lot more provide. Heck, they even respond in the forums. One 3D company I do beta testing for, their bosses have never been seen let alone posted in a forum. Here you get the main man :)

3DKiwi

I think considering what IPS charge for support what you get is a lot better than what companies that charge an awful lot more provide. Heck, they even respond in the forums. One 3D company I do beta testing for, their bosses have never been seen let alone posted in a forum. Here you get the main man :)

3DKiwi

I second what Kiwi has said, the support from IPS is second to none.

I would sooner wait a few months for 3.2 than pull the team away to fix vnc for 3.1.5 release.

They have said the issue is going to be addressed in 3.2 so thats good enough for me.

I know everyone has different circumstances im just stating my preferences.

Plus of course those saying page views are down. Unless you're comparing with the same period 12 months ago, of course they will be down. Many people are on holiday this time of year. It's summer in the southern hemisphere and many people are away on their summer vacation.

3DKiwi

I use IPB since 2.3.1 and never saw completely working and "bug-free" release! I pay money, but what I have? I finance your lovely hobby or buy software?

I don't want next 3.2.x (full of new bugs), i want working 3.1.4, want patches for each found error, want "fixed in 3.1.4"!!! I ready to apply patches every day and every hour, but not ready to search for your errors and to correct them.

I already hate 3.2.х because I represent, how many new problems there will appear! I want to have a rest from IPB, I want to receive release which works!

You have arranged "race", trying not to lag behind competitors, but buyers and users of a boards suffer from it.

Excuse for my English.

I use IPB since 2.3.1 and never saw completely working and "bug-free" release! I pay money, but what I have? I finance your lovely hobby or buy software?

I don't want next 3.2.x (full of new bugs), i want working 3.1.4, want patches for each found error, want "fixed in 3.1.4"!!! I ready to apply patches every day and every hour, but not ready to search for your errors and to correct them.

I already hate 3.2.х because I represent, how many new problems there will appear! I want to have a rest from IPB, I want to receive release which works!

You have arranged "race", trying not to lag behind competitors, but buyers and users of a boards suffer from it.

Excuse for my English.

Honestly, I want you to show me software that has no bugs and works perfectly. There aren't any. All software has some bugs in it, regardless of how much testing you do. If you hate IPB so much, then make your own software "without bugs", or go somewhere else. Easiest option.

I totally appreciate all your hard but only wish to say the PINNACLE issue for users is VNC and Activity.... I am having a hard time with creative excuses..

Posted Today, 06:26 PM

But Stephen, it doesn't make sense: why would a post remain unlisted for hours, if the cron runs every 15 minutes?

There is also something very weird with the way posts are divided by pages: page 2 shows posts that are NEWER than the last posts on page 1.

I hope those guys can their act together and do it soon, because right now it's pathetic.

IPS now have one week development cycle.

How it's work? I have downloaded board_3.1.4 on 18.11.2010, download it's today and run file compare. Found 2 (two) minor differences - in ipsRegistry.php and comments/bootstrap.php. It's all bugfix from november or bugs in my compare soft?

Kventz, i'm IPB coder/application developer, don't send me to support forums or peer to peer, i can answer to any question and solve any problem with IPB, it's my small busines.

I want you to show me software that has no bugs and works perfectly.

If bug was found, it should be immediately eliminated by the developer. Not in the new version, in the current!

People just love new features and IPS can not stop adding them and put all the resources to polish current version infinitely.

About whom you now speak? New features?? 95% forum users never press anything more complex than "Reply' and "New topic".
For support and "polish" current version enough one developer. All other can create new bugs in new version.

Archived