IPS Marketplace Success

IBTheme

When IPS first announced that they were going to open the IPS Marketplace, I thought it was a great idea for everyone else, but I was a bit skeptical about using it myself at first. For one thing, I like to be in full control of all my own sales and revenue, and for two, I had so many files to upload that I was afraid it wouldn't be worth my time and effort to even submit to it. Well, as of today, I have officially been using the Marketplace for 1 month. It was on November 17th that I uploaded the first batch of my skins and graphics and since that day, I am VERY happy to report that my sales have more than tripled, I have gained more than 400 new members to my official site at IBSkin.com and most of them are already customers. I have made more in the past 30 days than I would normally make in 3 to 4 months. It's not just sales from here. It's the exposure for my site that has brought IBSkin.com more customers and a lot of great feedback to help me improve my skins and services.

I just want all other IPS resource site owners to know, if you are reluctant to submit your work to the IPS Marketplace, DON'T BE! It is, by far, well worth the time and effort to spend a few hours or a few days submitting all your skins and/or modifications. IPS has found an amazing way to help all of us resource contributors and we couldn't ask for more.

Thank you to all the IPS staff for the time and effort that went in to setting up and maintaining the marketplace. With the economy the way it is now, this was just the thing we all needed to give us all that little extra boost to keep us going thru these hard times. :wub:

Happy Holidays Everyone!
Sherri at www.ibskin.com

I have to agree.. Granted I don't have many products but its nice to see my work get exposed and I even have had a few sales myself... and with the IPS Marketplace App that martin is making this is going to make everything so great!!!

Thanks Sherri for the good post :D!

Would love to use it myself, but I can't as long as there is no way to require an Install URL to be submitted for purchases. Licensing/pirating is a big deal in this industry, and I can't fathom not having visibility on where my skins are being used legitimately. Clearly some commercial providers are comfortable with that, but I'm not one of them :blush:

Glad it's working for some though :thumbsup:

Archived