You're an idiot?

sefla

Went to delete posts made by a spammer in the Admin area.

In haste to stop the flood I forgot to click one of the 4 delete options before clicking enter.

After clicking I got an IPB error saying "System Error - You're an idiot"

NICE!

:huh:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In haste to stop the flood I forgot to click one of the 4 delete options before clicking enter.

NICE!

How come my board never called ME an idiot?!
I'm jealous!

NICE!

Confirmed.

P.S. Does not seem very professional!

Developers should be allowed to have some fun. So long as that error is not publicly visible (i.e. only in admin), then I see no problem with it.

I'd agree with this if IPB was a free product, but it isn't. The error message does not even tell you what you did wrong.

I'd agree with this if IPB was a free product, but it isn't. The error message does not even tell you what you did wrong.

What does being free vs paid have to do with it? It's an error message in the admin control panel that is only seen when you have really screwed something up. Obviously, you'd have to be an idiot to get an error message that tells you you're an idiot ;)

What does being free vs paid have to do with it? It's an error message in the admin control panel that is only seen when you have really screwed something up. Obviously, you'd have to be an idiot to get an error message that tells you you're an idiot ;)

Let say the client who caused the actual error message was indeed an idiot, which I highly doubt. Does that justify the right for IPS to put down this client for being an idiot? The error message does not even indicate what the client did wrong, so how will this so called idiot ever learn?

We pay good money for a product, not to be called an idiot when someone makes a mistake.

Personally, I didn't take offense as I roll with the flow but when I saw it I was initally alarmed.

It reminded me of those old worm viruses that used to crawl through cable internet back in the 90's and send messages through your printer like "you will die" etc.

So, where I clicked too fast and got an error.... seeing "You're an idiot" did cause me to think for a split second that my board was hacked.

I'm over it, just a it baffled

A lot of you may find it funny, however I don't see anything funny about it. Do you think company's like NASA, NBC, or SKYPE would find this sort of thing funny? I highly doubt it.

This isnt NASA NBC nor skype(as skype, i seen 1-3 messages like; whaaat are you doooiiing, when i clicked wrong)! lol! this is a JOKE for the love of god!! TAKE IT or leave it! lol!
you are not funny at all...:ermm:

Let say the client who caused the actual error message was indeed an idiot, which I highly doubt. Does that justify the right for IPS to put down this client for being an idiot? The error message does not even indicate what the client did wrong, so how will this so called idiot ever learn?

We pay good money for a product, not to be called an idiot when someone makes a mistake.

I think I have some lubricant that will help you remove the stick from your butt.

And to be fair, good money is paid for the product... Its functionality etc, not out put in error strings. It's not Public Facing and it's not telling your subscribers they did something stupid... And really, if you got this error you can quickly think "Oh crap I did screw something back up big time, faeces I'm a tool" that was my reaction when I seen it the first time.. Now I just chuckle

Unless your using the hosted version, just simply go into the ACP files and change the error string. Any possible offensiveness removed (or file a ticket and get them to do it for you)

I agree with everyone that it is hilerious but I also agree with Lojo, it IS unprofessional to call your client an idiot and don't even tell them what they did wrong, no matter the situation. And don't say otherwise. A webdesigner who have been hired to design a website wouldn't call their client an idiot for asking what photoshop is and then don't tell them what photoshop is. Even if it's a joke, they'll lose customers.

Archived