Support Topic: Links Directory 3.2.2

bfarber

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hooray! and thank you.

I think this mod is great. It could be better with more development and I have some ideas, but if it's not being developed further I won't bother.

http://www.ifsqn.com/forum/index.php/links/

One thing I would like to do is move affilates to the top. I call them Highlighted listings in my directory.

Can anyone help with this?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a need to change the DISPLAY NAME of the person who posted the LINKS. We have changed the account name in the IP.Board system and that has taken care of the name everywhere on the site except for the LINKS module. Here is still displays the OLD name but when you click it, it links to the new name.

It is crucial that we update this prior to the launch of the site on Tuesday.

Any help would be appreciated.

YOEL

• 2 weeks later...

I have 4 copies of the hook in the report center plugin manager - clicking on it to edit or remove i get an error

post-149125-0-47238300-1293087212_thumb.

Warning: require_once(/extensions/reportPlugins/links.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/fmforums/public_html/forum/admin/sources/base/core.php on line 1208

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/extensions/reportPlugins/links.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/fmforums/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/') in /home/fmforums/public_html/forum/admin/sources/base/core.php on line 1208

I have a need to change the DISPLAY NAME of the person who posted the LINKS. We have changed the account name in the IP.Board system and that has taken care of the name everywhere on the site except for the LINKS module. Here is still displays the OLD name but when you click it, it links to the new name.

It is crucial that we update this prior to the launch of the site on Tuesday.

Any help would be appreciated.

YOEL

look in to your lang file :thumbsup:
  • 2 weeks later...

How do you change the photo being used on the category listing? I can add a photo and it shows up but under the title "Photo" is some default one that I cannot change anywhere... There is a default image which I changed but that isn't it. It is showing some thumb shots image. Where do you change this?

Anyone know?

• 3 weeks later...

Hooray! and thank you.

I think this mod is great. It could be better with more development and I have some ideas, but if it's not being developed further I won't bother.

http://www.ifsqn.com/forum/index.php/links/

One thing I would like to do is move affilates to the top. I call them Highlighted listings in my directory.

Can anyone help with this?

Within your links directory you have a 'Latest Listings' hook. How did you install that and where did you get it from?

I've recently received a reported link from a Guest user, I haven't been able to find in the settings where I can disable Guest users from reporting a link. Reason I brought this up is because there's a spambot that's reporting links and posting their spam as the report message.

I want to use this links mod for multiple different purposes. Is it possible to install this twice as two separate applications, and maintain two totally separate lists in two different tabs? Maybe I could rename the original component after it's installed, then try installing it again?

Why has IP Links been created in a way that users cannot upload images when submitting links?

Its so annoying that users in order to submit a picture when adding a link they will need to hot link from their own website or link to their images stored on their server.

Will a uploader be included in the upgraded version of ip links?

I received this error when trying to upload an image.

The image could not be uploaded. Please ensure that your uploads directory is writable (CHMOD 777)

I have checked the permissions on our windows server and write is allowed. This is in the main uploads file for the who board.

Can you advise how to upload or where the directory is?

Thanks
RG

Hi ,

this a great application for IP board/content and I think I'm going to like it as soon as I'll fix this little issue. I installed the mod and everything lookks OK, I can administrate the application but when I go to the website and click in the links page, I get the following error:

[#10L044] You do not have permission to use IP.Links

Is there any particular permission I shoulg get before installing? I have IP board perpetual licence with the support active for one more year (I just re-activated today) and IP content for a year as well. ANy Idea how to fix this problem?

Thank you very much for your help,
Charles

Archived