Download: (SN31) PM Viewer

signet51

File Name: (SN31) PM Viewer
File Submitter: signet51
File Submitted: 22 Nov 2010
File Updated: 02 Aug 2011
File Category: Applications

Warning: This application only works with IP.Board 3.1.

. This private conversation viewing application created by signet51, is compatible with IPB 3.1.x, and allows administrators to:

For IP.Board 3.2 please use

(SN32) PM Viewer

• Read, edit, delete and join conversations
  • View and download attachments
  • Log conversations after deletion
  • Filter by groups and keywords
  • Recieve notifications when specific keywords are used in messages
  • Hide conversations from appearing in the PM Viewer system without deleting the conversation

No file edits!
No indication to members that you have read the message or viewed an attachment!
Compliance with ACP restrictions to allow full control over what administrators can do!

The hooks must be enabled to be able to log conversations and send notifications of keywords upon discovery.

Note: signet51 Modding does NOT support reading conversations without good cause. If you are going to use this application to read messages, please add the enclosed skin edits to your skins, however these are entirely optional.

Changes in the 1.6 series:
  • Hide button now in conversation topic view for quick hiding of conversations
  • Added the ability to search for conversation topic ID's
  • Added the ability to search by member ID in the starter/to fields
  • Added the ability to prune conversations from the inboxes of particular groups which are over x days/weeks/months/years old
  • Added the ability for administrators to recieve notifications when a message is sent featuring one of the specified keywords
  • Added the ability to filter messages based on invited members
  • Bug Fixes
  • Performance Increases

Click here to download this file
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I might be a bit confused, but I would like to know what settings I should use if only the admins should be able to view pm?

I want them to be able to see all pm's but no one else in the staff should be able too.

Is this possible?

I'm not sure I fully understand your question, but the messages are only viewable from within the Admin Control Panel, and then permission to read messages can be restricted using admin restrictions ('Members' tab of ACP > 'Manage ACP Restrictions' which is at the bottom of the column on the left > Add a group or a member to restrict > Configure permissions - only ticking things you wish for them to have permission to do, so if you want to be the only person who can read them, do not tick any boxes on the '(SN) PM Viewer' tab of it).

Hope that answers your question.
  • 3 weeks later...

How do I put in my email address to be notified for the keyword monitoring part?

I should have made this clearer, but it uses the inbuilt notification system, so you can set up how you wish to be notified on your notification options page - so on this site it is located at http://community.invisionpower.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notifications (the option will only show up for admins who have not got ACP restrictions restricting them from doing so); it'll appear as 'Notify me of conversations containing keywords specified in (SN) PM Viewer' in the 'Other Notifications' at the bottom of the page. So if you tick the email box, then you will get notifications sent to the email your user uses on your forums.

I looked and I find no option on my notification panel;

'Notify me of conversations containing keywords specified in (SN) PM Viewer' in the 'Other Notifications' at the bottom of the page.

using version 1.5.2

Thanks for the help. JB

I just noticed you have 1.6.0 Is this a new option? Do I have to purchase again if it is?

Thanks,

JB

The keyword notifications are a new option in 1.6, you shouldn't have to purchase it again when you go here; http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/3720-sn31-pm-viewer/ You should see a download button, if you see a buy now button please contact me in PM with the email you use on this site and I'll give you download permission.

And version 1.6.1 is now out:
  • Fixed problem with sending keyword notifications on upgraded installations

Building on the changes in 1.6.0:
  • Hide button now in conversation topic view for quick hiding of conversations
  • Added the ability to search for conversation topic ID's
  • Added the ability to search by member ID in the starter/to fields
  • Added the ability to prune conversations from the inboxes of particular groups which are over x days/weeks/months/years old
  • Added the ability for administrators to recieve notifications when a message is sent featuring one of the specified keywords
  • Altered message shown when there are no conversations matching your search
  • Altered ip address database field to support ipv6
  • Fixed keywords when not using fulltext searches
  • Fixed searches for message contents when not using fulltext searches
  • Fixed bug related to joining conversations, where the conversation would become active again without the starter being present
  • Fixed bug with long member titles, causing malformed conversation topic views
  • Fixed bug with viewing messages involving deleted members, resulting in no permission errors
  • Significantly reduced query times when filtering by keywords
  • Reduced query times when not using keywords
  • Unnecessary queries removed when there are no results for a search

Archived