How about features that will allow post to be replied via emails.

RainbowGirl

I'm not sure IPB have this feature, because I remember asking the sales department months back before joining IPB, they said they will look into it. Any update guys? Its important for admins to access and reply post via email especially when replying something complex like product price quotations.

I'm not sure IPB have this feature, because I remember asking the sales department months back before joining IPB, they said they will look into it. Any update guys? Its important for admins to access and reply post via email especially when replying something complex like product price quotations.

IP Nexus has this feature already.
The rest? When the competition invents it.

IP Nexus has this feature already.

The rest? When the competition invents it.

Erm. I don't agree. A forum is a forum. People need to go to the forum itself in my opinion.

IP.Nexus offers this [url=" Emails I am looking for a mod that reply post in topic from my email.

I don't know why would we want to rely on VBulletin to start the features first and if I'm not mistaken they have that features already.

IP.Nexus offers this [url="

Emails[/url] I am looking for a mod that reply post in topic from my email.

I don't know why would we want to rely on VBulletin to start the features first and if I'm not mistaken they have that features already.

No,they don't. Maybe in VB6.

Personally I don't know any forums-software that has that feature, and I don't see any real benefit from it. If I want to reply to a certain topic I can do this by visiting said topic. If it's in a section I watch I already know that it is new by the time it is posted.

Also, I guess this would be a "not-that-easy-to-program"-feature, but that only comes from the mouth of a hobby-programer, so don't bet on it.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We are on the hosted Invision services. How can I add this feature to my message boards? I'm trying to integrate a listserv where the board emails to the listserv, and the listserv can post to the board.

Is IP.Nexus the answer? Please need help on this.

thanks.

My problem with this would be that you can't be sure the replier has read *all* the earlier replies. Maybe they only get one notification per visit for that topic, maybe they've got all the notifications, but fire off a response to the first email they see. I think this is useful for one-to-one conversations like tickets and maybe pm's, but not so much forum posting. Not completely opposed to it, but I can see it causing a lot of repetitive posts.

Archived