Download: Topic Preview on Hover

Matt

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Matt. About the only complaint I have, is concerning how slow it actually responds.

It would be better if somehow it could load instantly.

Maybe I am just use to everything being lickity-split fast... haha

Not everybody wants it to load instantly, this was discussed in the suggestion topic for this mod.

This won't work on the board index? Only topic view?

Correct for now it only works on forum view (viewing of the topics).

Thanks. Yeah it's just a fraction too slow loading. The Xenforo preview is a bit quicker. I would suggest to speed it up that it doesn't load the mini profile photo and maybe not the animated loading icon. It would also be a lot more useful if it worked with search results i.e. View new content and today's active content plus proper searches.

Another suggestion. If the topic contains an image then the url for the image should be omitted. At the moment you get url for the image. If the topic comtains html then you get all the html code and it looks pretty messy.

3DKiwi

This is ROCKIN Matt... looks great here. One question, where do I install the xml file to make this work? I would assume maybe the hooks folder but it has all php files in it.

Regards

Go into the ACP, find the Hooks Manager on the left menu, and there'll be a box to upload/install the hook XML file there.

Got it figured. I'm a IPB beginner so it may take me a bit to find things I never knew existed, thanks again Matt and these guys on my forum are going to love this. I have an actual post going right now that was started weeks ago about this from a member.. installed and looks fan freakin tastic.... Much thank you Sir.

EDIT, Thank you No1 1000, I must of been writing my post while you had yours posted. Much appreciated for the help.

I would suggest to speed it up that it doesn't load the mini profile photo and maybe not the animated loading icon. It would also be a lot more useful if it worked with search results i.e. View new content and today's active content plus proper searches.

Agreed. Most of our users list new topics by using View New Content.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any way to make it work on the "View New Content" results?

Yup, Would be great if it worked via View New Content. Im pretty sure thats one of the most common ways of viewing forums!

Any possibility of making this happen? Most of my users view the forums via the View New Content page.

Archived