File Name: [MD31] IP.Shoutbox Extender 1.0.1
File Submitter: Massive Dynamics
File Submitted: 22 Oct 2010
File Updated: 23 Oct 2010
File Category: Hooks and Plugins

This hook extends IP.Shoutbox to do the following:

• Shout new topics that are posted
  • Shout about new replies that are posted

More functionality is coming with the next releases.

You MUST configure this hook. Go to System Settings -> Hooks -> [MD31] IP.Shoutbox Extender to do so.

Language strings were added in 1.0.1

Click here to download this file

If I want to translate "I made a topic called testing in this forum (click me)" into another language how I do it?

It's hardcoded in hooks/IPSE_Topic***.php file:

$shout = "I made a topic called \"" . $data['title'] . "\" in [url=" . $url. "]" . $fdata['name'] . "[/url]";

It would be better if it were a setting on Admin CP! ;)

$shout = "I made a topic called \"" . $data['title'] . "\" in [url=" . $url. "]" . $fdata['name'] . "[/url]";

I'll put a quick update that changes that to language strings :) Just a second.

EDIT: This hook has now been upgraded to version 1.0.1. It is not a needed update, as it simply introduces language strings, so if you have multiple languages, you can translate it easily.

I love that others are trying to make new things to add functions to the shoutbox, I hope you add more features, i really wish there was more stuff for the shoutbox. I already have it post when someone updates their status and when someone posts but Ill install ur mod to have the reply feature added. thanks :D hope to see cool new addons

I love that others are trying to make new things to add functions to the shoutbox, I hope you add more features, i really wish there was more stuff for the shoutbox. I already have it post when someone updates their status and when someone posts but Ill install ur mod to have the reply feature added. thanks :D hope to see cool new addons

Thanks for your support, Sean :)

I'll put a quick update that changes that to language strings :) Just a second.

EDIT: This hook has now been upgraded to version 1.0.1. It is not a needed update, as it simply introduces language strings, so if you have multiple languages, you can translate it easily.

Works great thanks

Maybe you do private messages in Shoutbox :)

I checked that PHP file, but could not find the above string, I want to change the message to say something more like "A new topic was posted:".

Is this possible?

...I think that'd be overkill, but I'll see what I can do :P

Inferno Shoutbox for 2.3.x did this, and it was fantastic. I miss it a lot, and I know my members whined nonstop for quite a long while after upgrading. It'd be awesome if you could do that!

What be cool if members can see they avatar next to they name when they chat,on a other site i see this happen with they shoutbox and it's very cool... :)

Oh, this sounds neat! I haven't seen this before, but it sounds really cool.

Also, do you think it would be possible for you to have it auto shout IP.Content articles being posted? I posted a request for that in the mod requests board with no response, and it'd be REALLY awesome if you could include that as well! :D

I checked that PHP file, but could not find the above string, I want to change the message to say something more like "A new topic was posted:".

Is this possible?

This is very easy to do just open the hook file and look for "I made a topic called" and change it to "A new topic was posted:" :) and save then reupload the hook...

Also, do you think it would be possible for you to have it auto shout IP.Content articles being posted? I posted a request for that in the mod requests board with no response, and it'd be REALLY awesome if you could include that as well! :D

This MIGHT be possible, I'll have to do some research (AKA look through the classes)

Thanks for your support everyone else, I'll try to have an update for this within a week.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived