Contact Form

IAmChris

[url="http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/2961-sos30-contact-form-v100/"](SOS30) Contact Form v1.0.0[/url]

I appreciate the link, but my suggestion was that it should be an integral part of the IPB software, not an after thought.

I will check out the mod though.

Thanks

There are a few third party modifications available for this, but it something I would like to see built into the product (I was thinking something along the same lines that Portal is built in, so its there with IP.Board but you are not forced to use it) :)

• 1 month later...

There are a few third party modifications available for this, but it something I would like to see built into the product (I was thinking something along the same lines that Portal is built in, so its there with IP.Board but you are not forced to use it) :)

While my contact form pro is one of those 3rd party modification , I also think that ADVANCED contact form with (AJAX checks and rich stuff) should come by default with IPB .. i mean IMO Contact form is far more important and useful then the IPB Portal .. i dont think anyone uses that portal now that we have IP.Content.
I was going to update my contact form and fill it with rich and advanced and ajaxed stuff, but, i wwill wait and see if IPS is going to take that request in consideration.

A contact form in a lightbox.

Or in a pop up? see i've made a quick demo

A link to contact us should be at the bottom here (see the attachment)
post-130346-055318000 1287158839_thumb.p

Then when clicked it opens a pop up like so.
post-130346-052518500 1287159002_thumb.p

Now of course lot more inputs like reCaptcha for example should be added .. this is just an example

While my contact form pro is one of those 3rd party modification , I also think that ADVANCED contact form with (AJAX checks and rich stuff) should come by default with IPB .. i mean IMO Contact form is far more important and useful then the IPB Portal .. i dont think anyone uses that portal now that we have IP.Content.

I was going to update my contact form and fill it with rich and advanced and ajaxed stuff, but, i wwill wait and see if IPS is going to take that request in consideration.

I use the Portal and I'm sure many others also do. Not everyone is a guru coder.

Yup a contact form is essential especially if you are taking credit payments as contact details are a requirement by Credit Card Payment providers. I coded my own (image attached) and put it in a IP Content Created page. The page has some form elements that hook up to a php file. This then keeps my email address hidden. The code for doing all this is easy to find by doing a Google search.

3DKiwi

I use the Portal and I'm sure many others also do. Not everyone is a guru coder.

Yup a contact form is essential especially if you are taking credit payments as contact details are a requirement by Credit Card Payment providers. I coded my own (image attached) and put it in a IP Content Created page. The page has some form elements that hook up to a php file. This then keeps my email address hidden. The code for doing all this is easy to find by doing a Google search.

3DKiwi

I'm not saying we should remove the Portal, I merely meant the amount of sites has (contact us) page are far more then ones that use the Portal, which makes the contact for essential IMO

I'm really pleased everyone is supporting the idea. I doubt I'm the first to bring it up. Hopefully we can get an official word on this.

The option for it to be in a lightbox should be optional as it will cause a problem if you want to direct someone to contact you via a link.

Good that it's coming. I used to have an external site for this because the mods wouldn't work when the board was in offline-mode, sadly. Another point is that I don't want to use too many mods, especially not for important features like that.

Please, make it so the contact-form is available in offline-mode too, or at least that this is an option provided in the ACP!

• 7 years later...

Archived