DawPi

(DP34) Referrals System

807 posts in this topic

This application (or one of its included hooks) is NOT compatible with Stop Spam Registrations. It causes the former to stop rejecting spam registrants. I paid money for this modification, can you assist with compatibility or offer me a refund? Thanks!

DawPi, I have a modification request, my forum has been using this applications for months with a referral contest we made up to make users actually use the system and refer so if they get the top referrer they would get a prize. We removed the application after we got over 1,000 members because it became unfare, users could just spam a board for clicks and look like they won, we need the application so that the top 5 refers are actually on the number of users refereed by the user and not by the number of clicks on his link.

Please Read THIS>

I read ALL ideas, suggestions, better I'm adding on the ToDo list or ConciderDo list, but not always answer. Believe me. :)

I read ALL ideas, suggestions, better I'm adding on the ToDo list or ConciderDo list, but not always answer. Believe me. :smile:

Is it possible I can pay you for this special request, though I would love if you can make it for everyone as it would really help, someone can just spam a board and out of curiosity someone just clicks the links, and by that logic a lot of users would so he can just get the count on refer up by a lot for just spamming, if it were with suggestion it would do nothing unless one them registered.

DarkGizmo, ;) :thumbsup:

ibnyaffa, tell me how you set the points settings in my mod.

sorry for the delay responce lost my laptop and just got one two days ago

anyways here it is

post-186896-0-73779100-1340677455_thumb.

Please make this compatible with Stop Spam Registrations, or refund my money because I can't use it. Thanks.

İ want see sent invated mail adress

post-126403-0-95858300-1338109628_thumb.

Nice. :)

For future Releases can the (deaktive) or // be added so that it doesn't have to be manually added for each new release.

It's already done. :o

This application (or one of its included hooks) is NOT compatible with

Stop Spam Registrations

. It causes the former to stop rejecting spam registrants. I paid money for this modification, can you assist with compatibility or offer me a refund? Thanks!

Please make this compatible with Stop Spam Registrations, or refund my money because I can't use it. Thanks.

Or maybe the SSR isn't compatible with my mod? Do you think like that? :)

Are you aware that when people visit referral links, it counts as an invite?

I set a limit thinking it would only apply to e-mail invites. It makes almost no sense to include link visits as an "invite."

I'm having it disable e-mail invites entirely because of this, because I certaintly can't allow people to use my site to spam out links unrestricted, but I want people to be able to use links to reffer people above all.

Hi
Just wanted to check that it still works with IPB 3.1.4 as im using a modified version.
Let me know thanks. :smile:

I was really looking to buy this, until I found out it only counts visits to the link. This really doesn't help much. People can abuse that way too easily. If it becomes based off of registrations, I will definitely purchase it.

Are you aware that when people visit referral links, it counts as an invite?

Nope. This isn't possible. Could you give me access to your site on PM? I'll check it.

Just wanted to check that it still works with IPB 3.1.4 as im using a modified version.

Newest release works works with latest releases of IP.Boards. Sorry. :(

I was really looking to buy this, until I found out it only counts visits to the link. This really doesn't help much. People can abuse that way too easily. If it becomes based off of registrations, I will definitely purchase it.

Where did you read about that? This mod works with registrations, not visits the links (lol). ;)

I like this and want to buy it.
I have a few worry's that are stopping me:
1. Link visits counting to users total making it easy to be abused for a contest and not just counting the users who signup FULLY that are referred. Is this true or false?
2. "Or maybe the SSR isn't compatible with my mod? Do you think like that?" So you have no refund policy if the mod is broken for the end user?
Thank you for your time in replying.

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/319819-download-dp33-referrals-system/page__st__500#entry2282834

I saw a couple others say something similar. Am I misunderstanding what the problem is?

Thanks

http://community.inv...00#entry2282834

I saw a couple others say something similar. Am I misunderstanding what the problem is?

Thanks

If you decide to let your users invite members by e-mail, you'd want to set a limit on how many e-mail invites you can send out, right?

The problem is, if you use both this and referral links, any visitors to your referral links will count towards the daily e-mail limit you have set.
7Bya9K&Q likes this

I see. So if I just let them use a referral link, I don't have to worry about the limit?

That's what I do, yes. It should be fine.

Wait so if I disable the email, I won't have a problem with visits or clicks counting towards the refereed amounts of users in both top refers and in general, so if I just let them use a link it will count if the user joins as a +1 to the system but not if they only clicked and did not register, am I correct?

Wait so if I disable the email, I won't have a problem with visits or clicks counting towards the refereed amounts of users in both top refers and in general, so if I just let them use a link it will count if the user joins as a +1 to the system but not if they only clicked and did not register, am I correct?

That is what I have gathered from it. Which makes this a functional flaw if you ask me. So to answer your question from my understanding...yes.

Having a noname error whenever someone registers and it doesnt payout the points due to this. Please help thanks. Using 3.3.4.

Hello,
sorry for late reply. I was busy with 'offline' things lately. Could you give me your board url to make few tests?

Hello,

sorry for late reply. I was busy with 'offline' things lately. Could you give me your board url to make few tests?

Sure pmd thanks again.

Sure pmd thanks again.

Beautiful :). Works like a charm. Thanks again for the great support.

hey, when will this sysem be upgraded to 3.3.4 cause i really want to use it but it breaks my forum since its not updated :sad: I wouldnt mind paying a little more in order to get a version that will work with my board (market-forum.net)